550 Command DATA failed RRS feed

• Question

• One user is having a issue and keeps getting 550 Command DATA failed. When they send email to internal and external address. I have looked and couldn't find anything on this error. We are using Exchange 2010 on server 2008 R2. I know this is Exchange 2012 forum couldn't find the Exchange 2010 forum since its not under the Exchange Server category. 
    Monday, June 3, 2013 2:45 PM

Answers

• The Exchange previous versions forums are here:  http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/category/exchangeserverlegacy

When you post the question there, you should add the version, service pack and rollup hotfix level of Exchange.  Please describe exactly what the user is doing and exactly what he sees.  Provide the client software, version, and precisely and completely how it is configured.

Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."

Monday, June 3, 2013 4:52 PM
  • Hi WilsonSha

I have moved this thread to Exchange Previous Versions Forum

And for 550

This situation is a permanent failure. Possible causes include:

• There is no route for the given address space; for example, an SMTP connector is configured, but this address does not match.
    • DNS returned an authoritative host that was not found for the domain.
    • An SMTP error occurred.

Some potential resolutions include:

• On one or more SMTP connectors, add an asterisk (*) value as the SMTP address space.
    • Verify that DNS is working.

Hope those help

Cheers

Zi Feng
    TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, June 4, 2013 7:53 AM

All replies

• The Exchange previous versions forums are here:  http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/category/exchangeserverlegacy

When you post the question there, you should add the version, service pack and rollup hotfix level of Exchange.  Please describe exactly what the user is doing and exactly what he sees.  Provide the client software, version, and precisely and completely how it is configured.

Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."

Monday, June 3, 2013 4:52 PM
  • Hi WilsonSha

I have moved this thread to Exchange Previous Versions Forum

And for 550

This situation is a permanent failure. Possible causes include:

• There is no route for the given address space; for example, an SMTP connector is configured, but this address does not match.
    • DNS returned an authoritative host that was not found for the domain.
    • An SMTP error occurred.

Some potential resolutions include:

• On one or more SMTP connectors, add an asterisk (*) value as the SMTP address space.
    • Verify that DNS is working.

Hope those help

Cheers

Zi Feng
    TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, June 4, 2013 7:53 AM