Connection groups RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have an application that has 5 different environments.  Instead of going through 5 installations (the install is quite laborious) and creating a package for each I would like to create one core package with the installation files and then create 5 separate packages with just the ini files in them and link them to the core package.

I'm pretty sure this can be done through connection groups but I don't quite understand how.

Can this be done and how would I go about creating and configuring the connection group?

Thanks

Stephen

Thursday, February 8, 2018 3:26 PM

Answers

• First create your main package (without INI files). Afterwards, revert your sequencer to clean state, expand the main package on your sequencer and create the package with the INI file(s). If you need to create a second package, revert and expand again before sequencing.
    If completed create a connectiongroup will all packages, put the mainpackage on place1, and check optional for each INI-package.

While creating the INI packages, make sure de directory where they are placed is set to "merge with local system".

Roy Essers

Wednesday, February 14, 2018 10:01 AM

All replies

• First create your main package (without INI files). Afterwards, revert your sequencer to clean state, expand the main package on your sequencer and create the package with the INI file(s). If you need to create a second package, revert and expand again before sequencing.
    If completed create a connectiongroup will all packages, put the mainpackage on place1, and check optional for each INI-package.

While creating the INI packages, make sure de directory where they are placed is set to "merge with local system".

Roy Essers

Wednesday, February 14, 2018 10:01 AM
  • Thank you.

All sorted.

Regards

Thursday, March 8, 2018 2:55 PM