DiscoverSQL2012FileGroups.js : Cannot login to database - Why? RRS feed

• Question

• I am at my wits end trying to figure out what is causing these errors and I hope someone can help me figure out what I am missing.

Per the latest SQL Server MP Guide, we are configuring our environment to use specific windows accounts for SQL Discovery, Monitoring, and Default Action accounts. I have followed the instructions found in the guide, and also here and here.  I have verified every setting on the server multiple times and every time I close the alert, it just reopens after about 30 minutes - 1 hour.

Management Group: MGMTGOUP. Script: DiscoverSQL2012FileGroups.js
    : Cannot login to database [SERVERNAME.DOMAIN.com][MSSQLSERVER:Social DB]

The other thing I don't understand, if I go into the Monitoring view in SCOM, under Microsoft SQL Server - > Database -> Database State, and search for this particular database, its state is Healthy, and its SQL Server 2012 DB File Group and DB Log File are in a healthy state as well.

In the OperationsManager log on the server the sequence looks like this:

DatabaseDiscovery:MSSQLSERVER : Database for SQL instance 'MSSQLSERVER' discovers successfully.

Management Group: MGMTGROUP. Script: DiscoverSQL2012FileGroups.js : Cannot login to database [SERVER.DOMAIN.com][MSSQLSERVER:DATABASE]  (And then it cycles through each database in the instance)

DatabaseFileGroupDiscovery:MSSQLSERVER : Database File groups for SQL instance 'MSSQLSERVER' discovers successfully.

Any ideas as to what is going on here that I am missing or that I can check?

Thursday, February 20, 2014 6:42 PM

All replies