Windows 10 Compatibility with NTWDBLIB RRS feed

• Question

• I'm trying to test a SQL Server application in Windows 10 Technical Preview and some of its functions use NTWDBLIB.DLL and others use ODBC.  The ODBC functions work correctly, but when I tried to initiate a function that uses NTWDBLIB.DLL the OS Crashed.

Are there issues with running NTWDBLIB.DLL in Windows 10?

Specifically its NTWDBLIB version 2000.80.2039.0 32bit running under the SysWOW64 layer in Windows.

I am testing it in VMWARE, VMPLayer 7.1.0.Build2496824

The program works fine in Windows 8.X... 

Any help would be appreciated.

David R.

Monday, June 15, 2015 6:01 PM

Answers

• Hi David R,

Besides that, you also ask in SQL Server forum to see if you need debug your application to work fine with Windows 10 platform.

In addition, try compatible mode(it's also applied to Windows 10):

Make older programs compatible with this version of Windows

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/windows-8/older-programs-compatible-version-windows

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, June 16, 2015 6:20 AM

All replies

• Make sure report this issue and other crashes using Feedback App and also let Windows to collect crash files and report them.

Monday, June 15, 2015 8:52 PM
  • Hi David R,

Besides that, you also ask in SQL Server forum to see if you need debug your application to work fine with Windows 10 platform.

In addition, try compatible mode(it's also applied to Windows 10):

Make older programs compatible with this version of Windows

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/windows-8/older-programs-compatible-version-windows

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, June 16, 2015 6:20 AM