Windows 7 theme problem & programs problem RRS feed

• Question

• Hello I've had Windows 7 on my computer for about 5 Month's and I haven't got any problems but now suddenly I get this problem with Fallout 3 sometimes it's not responding. And when I startup any game I have the skin changes to Windows 7 Basic theme and not only games some application such as:

Visual Studio 2010

Camtasia 7

Macromedia Flash 8 etc... 

My computer information:

Mainboard: MSI P55M-GD45 (MS-7588)

Chipset: Intel P55

Physical Memory: 6144 MB(3 x 2048 DDR3-SDRAM) or 6GB of RAM

Video Card: ATI Radeon HD 4670

Monitor Type: iH252 - 24 Inches

Processor: Intel Core i5 750

Frequency: 2666 MHz

Hardware Monitoring: Fintek F71889FG

Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate Professional 6.01.7600 (x64)

And heres some Windows hardware experience index:

Perfomance Global: 5.9

Performance CPU: 7.3

Performance Memory: 7.5

Performance Graphics: 6.7

Performance Gaming: 6.7

Performance Disk: 5.9

Tuesday, May 18, 2010 4:06 PM

Answers

• Hi Agust1337,

First, according to Windows 7 Compatibility Center and Fallout 3 FAQ, Fallout 3 is not compatible with Windows 7.

Please contact Fallout support directly to confirm the issue. Also, you can check if it works in the compatibility mode. For more information, please refer to: Make older programs run in this version of Windows

Please Note: The third-party product discussed here is manufactured by a company that is independent of Microsoft. We make no warranty, implied or otherwise, regarding this product's performance or reliability.

Regarding the theme changing issue, This issue shall be caused by the graphic card memory is not enough or the graphic card driver is not up to date. Please go to AIT website to update your graphic card driver to see if the issue can be resolved. You also may need to contact the hardware manufacturer to confirm this issue.

Also, you can refer to this knowledge base (KB) article to troubleshoot the issue: Guided Help: Troubleshoot Aero problems in Windows 7

Regards,

Linda

• Marked as answer by Linda Yan Monday, May 24, 2010 2:22 AM
    Wednesday, May 19, 2010 7:35 AM