Migration job failed - Unknown error Code 134217727 RRS feed

• Question

•  I'm at the stage of piloting the migration of objects from our ConfigMgr 2007 site to ConfigMgr 2012 site. I setup a job that will migrate a variety of objects - update lists, update deployments, update deployment packages, packages, advertisements, collections.

Most of the advertisements have failed with the same error: Unknown error. See migmctrl.log and smsprov.log for more information. Code 134217727.

The migmtctrl.log has entries like this:

ERROR: [Worker]: Entity Adobe Reader 7.0.9 with path SMS_Advertisement.AdvertisementID='PS12010E' failed with: Microsoft.ConfigurationManagement.SoftwareLibrary.ObjectSerialization.LibraryException ---> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.     at Microsoft.ConfigurationManagement.Migration.CollectionMigrationUtilities.CreateComposableOfChildCollections(String collectionId, SqlConnection targetSqlConnection, Library targetLibrary, ConflictResolution conflictResolution, ICollectionHierarchyHandler collectionHierarchyHandler, IDictionary`2 stringResources, Int32 queryTimeout)     at Microsoft.ConfigurationManagement.Migration.CollectionMigrationUtilities.GetResolvedCollectionId(String collectionId, Boolean isApplyingToSubTargets, SqlConnection targetSqlConnection, Library targetLibrary, ConflictResolution resolution, ICollectionHierarchyHandler collectionHierarchyHandler, IDictionary`2 stringResources, Int32 queryTimeout)     at Microsoft.ConfigurationManagement.Migration.AdvertisementMigrationHandler.OnBeforePutInstance(Object item, Dictionary`2 options)     at Microsoft.ConfigurationManagement.Migration.MigrateObjects.<>c__DisplayClass26.<OnObjectImporting>b__25(ObjectMigrationHandler handler)     at System.Collections.Generic.List`1.ForEach(Action`1 action)     at Microsoft.ConfigurationManagement.Migration.MigrateObjects.OnObjectImporting(Object sender, ObjectImportingEventArgs e)     at Microsoft.ConfigurationManagement.SoftwareLibrary.ObjectSerialization.ObjectManager.OnObjectImporting(ILibraryObject importing, ILibraryObject original, LibraryContext context)     at Microsoft.ConfigurationManagement.SoftwareLibrary.ObjectSerialization.Adapters.ObjectManagerBase.ImportObject(ILibraryObject instance, LibraryContext context, ChangeTracker session, ConflictResolution& result)     --- End of inner exception stack trace --- SMS_MIGRATION_MANAGER 20/05/2013 7:57:54 PM 7996 (0x1F3C)

Any ideas?

Monday, May 20, 2013 11:38 AM

All replies

• where is the package source, can the primary get access to the files?

Kent Agerlund | My blogs: blog.coretech.dk/kea and SCUG.dk/ | Twitter: @Agerlund | Linkedin: Kent Agerlund | Mastering ConfigMgr 2012 The Fundamentals

• Proposed as answer by Bobobull Wednesday, October 15, 2014 8:50 AM
    • Unproposed as answer by Bobobull Wednesday, October 15, 2014 8:50 AM
    Monday, May 20, 2013 3:58 PM
  • Check one of your failed Advertisements and check to see if the option for "include subcollections" is ticked and try un-ticking it and migrating again.  I had to un-tick this on several advertisements before they would migrate - i think perhaps either this option is not supported OR the sub-collections are of a mixed type.

My Personal Blog: http://madluka.wordpress.com

• Proposed as answer by Bobobull Wednesday, October 15, 2014 8:50 AM
    Monday, May 20, 2013 7:34 PM
  • I have similar error,

ERROR: [Worker]: Entity PNX-Hartford-PrintSvr-Rename-02-11 with path SMS_Advertisement.AdvertisementID='P0020B3C' failed with:

did you find a solution ??

I verified the advert and it includes subcollections, but few others succeeded even when they have check on them , any idea ??

Murali Krishna V.S

Saturday, August 3, 2013 8:10 AM
  • Check one of your failed Advertisements and check to see if the option for "include subcollections" is ticked and try un-ticking it and migrating again.  I had to un-tick this on several advertisements before they would migrate - i think perhaps either this option is not supported OR the sub-collections are of a mixed type.

My Personal Blog: http://madluka.wordpress.com

Same problem here and solved by un-tick "Include SubCollections"

Philippe

Wednesday, October 15, 2014 8:50 AM