BIS AUthentication with EXCHANGE 2003 SP2 RRS feed

• Question

• HI,<o:p></o:p>

I have an issue with Blackberry users only that they can't active their account on BB
    handset.<o:p></o:p>

Our exchange is 2003 SP2 and without proxy and error always "cannot login, verify your
    email address, user name and password .if error persist, contact @xxx.com"<o:p></o:p>

And our users receive an email notification as below "

"Your attempt to configure the BlackBerry Internet Service to deliver mail to
    your BlackBerry device from this email account was unsuccessful. This email
    provides instructions to help with the email account set up.

You submitted the following information:
    Please confirm
    the information. Refer to the instructions below for help in determining the
    correct information. After confirming the information, log in to the BlackBerry
    Internet Service site and try again.

If you access your email account using a web browser (using a program called Outlook™ Web Access), you need the following information.  Note: You can find out this information from your
    System Administrator:
    • Outlook Web Access URL: The web address for accessing your corporate
      email
      for example, http://exchange.company.com
    • Email Address: Your email address
      for example,
      patrickmoser@companyname.com
    • Email account Name: The portion of the email address before the "@"
      symbol. Often the same as your user name
      for example, patrickmoser in the
      address patrickmoser@companyname.com
    • User Name: The user name for your account on the Microsoft® Exchange
      server
      for example, patrickmoser
    • Password: The Outlook or network login password
      If you are still having difficulties adding your email account, visit the online help
      on the BlackBerry Internet Service site. "

so can anyone assist with this issue and i checked the IIS virtual directory on exchange server.

Best Regards, Fadi.F.Haddad

Sunday, October 7, 2012 10:34 AM

All replies

• I would ask this in a Blackberry Forum or RIM support.
    Sunday, October 7, 2012 1:50 PM
  • Hi Fadi,

I am trying to involve someone familiar with this topic to further look at this issue. Please wait, thanks.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Frank Wang

TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, October 9, 2012 5:41 AM
  • Thank you I am waitting...

Wednesday, October 10, 2012 5:36 AM
  • Hi Fadi,

I would like to confirm if iPhone or Android is working. If so, I think this is BlackBerry issue and I suggest we contact BlackBerry support.

Sean Qiu

Wednesday, October 10, 2012 8:32 AM
  • yes all other smart phones are working find but i need to know what should i check on IIS because if you see the error you will find out that the problem is exchange authentication problem (FBA is diabled on IIS virtual directory) and basic and integrated authenticaion are enabled on IIS .

what shall i check else and what about are permissions needed to accept login for BlacKBerry...

Wednesday, October 10, 2012 9:44 AM
  • Hello Fadi,

if you are using BIS to synchronize with your Exchange server, you must store access credentials for each account on the BIS web site. After that BIS sends a configuration mail to your handheld device. If you configure BIS to communicate with you OWA web site please check if you entered correct access URL. For Exchange 2003 it must be something like https://owa.yourdomain.com/exchange/mailboxname

Are you able to access mailboxes on your server from the Internet using this URL?

Reagards

Eduard

Wednesday, October 10, 2012 3:48 PM
  • Hi Eduard,

you are correct  but even from BIS website same error occurred ..

Sunday, October 14, 2012 6:34 AM
  • shall i reset IIS virtual directory? to reset permissions on exchange VD

Sunday, October 14, 2012 7:39 AM
  • When you open your OWA URL in Internten Explorer (f.e.  https://owa.yourdomain.com/exchange/mailboxname) are you able to open the mailbox and send and recieve messages?

Check if IMAP and POP3 protocols are enabled on you Exchange server for this particular user? If not, ebable them, and try again. I am not sure what protocol uses BIS to connect to an Exchange mailbox.

Regards

Eduard

Friday, October 19, 2012 7:22 AM
  • Hi

Thanks Eduard for your reply but I have tried to open test mailbox by using the above way (f.e.  https://owa.yourdomain.com/exchange/mailboxname) but it didn't work but if you i use (f.e.  https://owa.yourdomain.com/exchange without using mailbox name the user webmail works normally .

And regading to IMAP or POP3 we never used on our company and blackberry internet services uses ACtive sync as i think . Any Idea fro troubleshoot this issue ??

Sunday, October 21, 2012 4:41 AM