PCM Package conversion manager RRS feed

• Question

• When the program command-line is: msiexec.exe /i MSI_INSTALL.msi TRANSFORMS=TRANSFORM_FILE.mst

The Anaylze is able to find a detection method correctly.  If the command-line is: msiexec.exe /i MSI_INSTALL.msi TRANSFORMS=TRANSFORM_FILE.mst /L*V %TEMP%\LOG_FILE.log /QB-!  Then is gives the error: -Unable To access MSI to read product code

Anyone else run into this issue and know of a workaround?

Monday, July 30, 2012 8:17 PM

Answers

• I created a powershell function to parse the deployementype install command line and then read the msi productcode directly from the product source. That way our application command line can be intact.  PCM is pretty powerfull, but the scripting takes some work.

• Marked as answer by nstrunc Thursday, August 30, 2012 10:02 PM
    Thursday, August 30, 2012 10:02 PM

All replies

• Yes I have seen the same issue when you use the /m commandline. Once I remove that the package status is Automatic.

Kent Agerlund | My blogs: blog.coretech.dk/kea and SCUG.dk/ | Twitter: @Agerlund | Linkedin: Kent Agerlund

Monday, July 30, 2012 9:05 PM
  • Can you point me to the documentation for the commandline?  I see the XML file can be edited, but didn't see the command options defined in mine.
    Monday, July 30, 2012 10:17 PM
  • I created a powershell function to parse the deployementype install command line and then read the msi productcode directly from the product source. That way our application command line can be intact.  PCM is pretty powerfull, but the scripting takes some work.

• Marked as answer by nstrunc Thursday, August 30, 2012 10:02 PM
    Thursday, August 30, 2012 10:02 PM