Mouse input not captured problem RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there,

I installed a vm of Windows 2003 in Hyper-V, it works well except the mouse cannot work. When I try to use mouse it pops up error msg and at the right bottom corner there are 3 icons, the middle one is mouse. If you move mouse over this icon it shows the msg: "Mouse input not captured" In virtaul server 2005 you need to install additions so I think something like that is required here. How can I solve this? Thanks in advance.

allan
    Tuesday, January 12, 2010 6:10 PM

Answers

• Hi,

You need to install Integration Services. Please navigate to the VM’s window, click Action > Insert Integration Services Setup Disk. After the reboot, you will be able to use mouse inside the VM properly.

Best Regards,

Vincent Hu

• Marked as answer by allan8964 Monday, January 18, 2010 5:18 AM
    Wednesday, January 13, 2010 7:03 AM

All replies

• there are extensions you need to install to best handle the mouse

in the pulldown menus there's an option to mount the disk for that into the VM's cd which can then be autorun and will install what you need.

Until the extensions are installed, Clicking the mouse inside the vm window will let you control it, and  you need to use a key combination (its hinted in the status area of the vm window) to get the pointer back and use it outside the window. 

--Chuck
    Wednesday, January 13, 2010 5:47 AM
  • Hi,

You need to install Integration Services. Please navigate to the VM’s window, click Action > Insert Integration Services Setup Disk. After the reboot, you will be able to use mouse inside the VM properly.

Best Regards,

Vincent Hu

• Marked as answer by allan8964 Monday, January 18, 2010 5:18 AM
    Wednesday, January 13, 2010 7:03 AM
  • Thanks Vincent, It works now.

allan
    Monday, January 18, 2010 5:19 AM
  • dear brother,

I've tried many times clicking on "Insert Integration Services Setup Disk".

keyboard working fine

But mouse still not captured....

[URL=http://www.up-00.com/][img]http://store1.up-00.com/Mar11/wiN78001.jpg[/img][/url]

• Edited by Saleh Alhagbani Wednesday, March 23, 2011 11:01 AM correct URL for my upload picture
    Wednesday, March 23, 2011 10:55 AM
  • I had such problem before but that's for the Windows 2003 64-bit OS. It gives the error msg. saying that you need sp2 or higher to be installed to make the mouse work. And dilemma is the networking card is not set, and without mouse you can't s set up your networking card. ... For win 08 I never had problem to configure the mouse, just as Vincent instructed. Good luck.

allan
    Friday, June 10, 2011 2:00 PM
  • Hey Vincent,

I tried this, worked.

Regards,

Chendur

Wednesday, November 9, 2011 5:36 AM
  • thanks Vincent

it worked for me

Thursday, December 29, 2011 5:37 PM
  • on windows server 2008R2 uninstalling integration pack not working either on command promt or gui mode. it say's Integration services already insatlled :(.

i  installed service pack 1 for windows 2008r2. Now mouse and network adapter binding problem solved. now i can able to connect RDP.

thanks

vijay

Monday, March 5, 2012 11:23 AM
  • Hi,

I recently installed Hyper-V role on Windows Server 2012. 

Server I3, 8GB ram, 500 gb Hd, On board Realtech 1 gb NIC card.

using Microsoft VHD of Windows Server 2008, I installed New Virtual Machine.

Initially I was able to type using exiting Keyboard and Mouse, but VM NIC card could not communicate with Host. After searching internet, I got info to install Windows Server 2008 SP2 on VM. Which I did. 

Now I am unable to use Mouse, on VM it says "Mouse Input not Captured". I did Action - Insert Integration Service Setup disk more than 3 time, Rebooted VM and Host, but problem now i can use Mouse and NIC card. 

Pl. Help. I tried a lot even uninstalling/ reinstalling Hyper-V Server Role. 

Samir

Monday, November 26, 2012 4:42 AM
  • I checked the Integration services and they are all checked. The keyboard and the mouse is grayed out.
    Wednesday, August 23, 2017 6:50 PM
  • It will work if you are on the host server console, rather than RDP into the host server. 

the mouse will only work from the host server hyperV console.

RDP to the host server is an issue with the mouse, when running the console via an RDP connection.

Thursday, August 2, 2018 5:35 PM