none
Application Catalog and Workgroup PCs RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

We're hoping on using the application catalog with some laptops that are not domain joined, but do however have the SCCM client installed and pointed towards our servers. This part we've got working so far, but the problem we're having is that when attempting to do an install, an error is presented that indicates that the login used for the application catalog differs from the login used on the laptop.

This of course is the case, as the user is logging on to the laptop under their personal account, however is logging on to the Catalog via their AD Credentials. 

Is there a way around this? 

Wednesday, September 12, 2012 6:36 AM

All replies

• Hi,

I don't think there is a way around this, as I remember it is not supported to deplo applications to users in a workgroup as using the application catalog actually is.

Regards,
    Jörgen

-- My System Center blog ccmexec.com -- Twitter @ccmexec

Wednesday, September 12, 2012 1:28 PM
  • Jörgen is right. Only deployments that are targeted to collections containing (AD) user objects will be shown in the Application Catalog. A domain user cannot log on on a workgroup machine, so that won't work.

Torsten Meringer | http://www.mssccmfaq.de

Wednesday, September 12, 2012 1:40 PM
  • I agree with thisco123.  I was hoping to do the same thing since you authenticate to the application catalog you see the user based deployments, but when I click to install I get an error stating that the install cannot be done since the local logged in user doesn't match the user logged into the application catalog.  Would like to see an option to ignore this for workgroup clients.
    Tuesday, September 18, 2012 5:19 PM
  • Would anyone know of a way to circumvent this requirement?
    Monday, October 8, 2012 1:41 AM
  • Hi,

I would say that there is currently no way to solve this, I would say that the best bet would be to register a change request for this on Microsoft Connect to potentially have it solved in the next release.

Regards,
    Jörgen

-- My System Center blog ccmexec.com -- Twitter @ccmexec

Monday, October 8, 2012 7:58 AM
  • Hi,

I've posted this here https://connect.microsoft.com/SC/feedback/details/768622/application-catalog-support-for-workgroup-machines for anyone that wishes to contribute more feedback

Wednesday, October 31, 2012 4:50 AM
  • Hi Thisco,

Did you get any update from Microsoft regarding application catalog support for Workgroup clients?

Be Vanmost!

Tuesday, September 10, 2013 10:23 AM