Says proxy server is not responding using windows 8 internet RRS feed

• Question

• Every time I try to use the internet on my windows 8 version it says the proxy server is not responding. However, if I use the internet on the desktop version it works fine. I am not sure how to fix this and it is getting very frustrating not being able to use the internet style that I prefer. Sometimes if I go into settings and turn the proxy off it will work for about 5 minutes but then it will say that is not responding again. PLEASE HELP!!!
    Sunday, May 4, 2014 2:10 AM

Answers

• Hi,

1. Are you using a proxy server to access the internet?
    2. Did you make any change to the network properties recently?

Method 1:

If you are not using the Proxy server then I suggest you to disable proxy settings. Follow these steps:

a. Under "Tools" in the browser tool bar select "Internet Options".
    b. In the "Internet Options" window that pops up, click the "Connections" tab at the top.
    c. Click "LAN Settings" near the bottom of the "Connections" section.
    d. If the "Proxy server" checkbox is marked with a check, click it to deselect/uncheck it.
    e. Click "Ok" to close the "Local Area Network (LAN) Settings" window.
    f. Click "Ok" to close the "Internet Options" window.

Method 2:

I would suggest you to perform Internet Explorer Optimization on your computer and check for the issue.

How to optimize Internet Explorer
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/936213

Disclaimer: The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature might reset security settings or privacy settings that you added to the list of Trusted Sites. The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature might also reset parental control settings. We recommend that you note these sites before you use the Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature.

Karen Hu
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Michael_LS Wednesday, May 14, 2014 5:38 AM
    Tuesday, May 6, 2014 7:22 AM