Adding Subotals From a Group. RRS feed

• Question

• I have a dataset:

Branch VARCHAR(MAX)

STATE VARCHAR(MAX)

COUNTRY VARCHAR(MAX)

SALES INT

SALESDATE DATETIME

I need a Sales Report which is grouped by Branch which has totals for the branch for a date range, then grouped by State with sales total for all branches for the State, and then group by Country with total sales for the Country.

I created 3 groups - one each for Branch, State and Country.

Getting Branch totals is good - I just total up the Sales for the branch and we're good to go. Say, the Branch sales are in column textbox11.

The State sales should go in column textbox22, and the Country sales should go in column textbox33.

How can I get the totals for State and Country ?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thursday, October 27, 2011 7:14 PM

Answers

• Hi Vani23,

Please consider adding one scope in the sum() function to get the branch totals. Right-click the textbox that you had marked in the screenshot, select Expression, type in it like below expression:

=Sum(Fields!FieldName,”DataSetName”)

Thanks,
    Sharp Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help you and unmark them if they provide no help.
    • Proposed as answer by Sharp Wang Friday, November 4, 2011 4:35 AM
    • Marked as answer by Sharp Wang Friday, November 4, 2011 4:35 AM
    Tuesday, November 1, 2011 2:11 AM

All replies

• Oh, another clarifrication - This is 2005.
    Thursday, October 27, 2011 7:14 PM
  • Thanks for your response Sampath.

See my report in BIDS.

I am trying to Set the Region totals to be the sum of the branch totals. I don't see the Add Totals value.

Can you please help.

Friday, October 28, 2011 7:32 PM
  • Hi Vani23,

Please consider adding one scope in the sum() function to get the branch totals. Right-click the textbox that you had marked in the screenshot, select Expression, type in it like below expression:

=Sum(Fields!FieldName,”DataSetName”)

Thanks,
    Sharp Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help you and unmark them if they provide no help.
    • Proposed as answer by Sharp Wang Friday, November 4, 2011 4:35 AM
    • Marked as answer by Sharp Wang Friday, November 4, 2011 4:35 AM
    Tuesday, November 1, 2011 2:11 AM