Games for Windows - LIVE V3.0 update error RRS feed

• Question

• When trying to install Games for Windows - LIVE V3.0 I have a strange error.
    The update downloads successfully then asks me if I want to install it.
    I choose to install the update, and it installs successfully.
    However when I go to check windows updates now, the same update continues to appear and asks me to install.
    No matter how many times I install the update it keeps asking me to install.
    If I go into windows update and go to view update history it shows that I've installed it four times, yet if I go to uninstall the updates from programs and features the update doesn't appear at all.
    If anyone could help me in resolving this issue it would me much appreciated.
    Thanks in advance.

Maybe the wrong forum category, but strangely enough I couldn't find a category that said windows updates....

Thursday, August 20, 2009 2:20 AM

Answers

• I solved this issue by removing the Games for Windows Live applications (I removed both "Microsoft Games for Windows - LIVE" and "Microsoft Games for Windows - LIVE Redistributable") from my computer, then downloading the installation program from the website and re-installing GFWL.

You can download the program here (scroll down to the big yellow button).

http://www.microsoft.com/games/en-us/aboutGFW/pages/gfw3intro.aspx

Thursday, August 20, 2009 1:46 PM
  • I fixed it now. I had to go to the website for games for windows live.
    They have an installer there that you can download and install.
    After i installed it from there the notification went away.
    Thursday, August 20, 2009 9:41 AM

All replies

• i have the same problem, at Windows Update the "Games for Windows Live" comes again and again after install.

at the update history i have install  4x "Games for Windows Live V3.0"

what is this ?

why doesnt Microsoft clear this mistake ?
    Thursday, August 20, 2009 9:26 AM
  • I fixed it now. I had to go to the website for games for windows live.
    They have an installer there that you can download and install.
    After i installed it from there the notification went away.
    Thursday, August 20, 2009 9:41 AM
  • I solved this issue by removing the Games for Windows Live applications (I removed both "Microsoft Games for Windows - LIVE" and "Microsoft Games for Windows - LIVE Redistributable") from my computer, then downloading the installation program from the website and re-installing GFWL.

You can download the program here (scroll down to the big yellow button).

http://www.microsoft.com/games/en-us/aboutGFW/pages/gfw3intro.aspx

Thursday, August 20, 2009 1:46 PM
  • I did this and a day later WU started asking to reinstall the update again. This was on Win 7 Ult 64 RTM. So that procedure didn't solve my issue.
    Monday, August 24, 2009 12:58 AM