How to access corrupted OST file data without Outlook? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have an OST file of 43 GB data which is corrupted and I need to access my data. Please suggest me a best and simple process to get my OST data.

Thanks in advance.

• Moved by Manu Meng Wednesday, April 10, 2019 8:50 AM relocate
    Wednesday, April 10, 2019 6:55 AM

Answers

• Hi Pavan _Dixit,

What's your account type? Exchange or IMAP?

If the OST file is corrupted, normally, we can recreate it. Because for exchange account, the local data file(.ost) is a copy on your computer. All your items are saved on the server.

Please delete or rename your OST file and Outlook will recreate the offline Outlook Data File (.ost) the next time you open Outlook.

Reference: Repair Outlook Data Files (.pst and .ost)

Besides, do you encounter any issues with Outlook client? If recreating OST file doesn’t help, you can also post back with more details. We are willing to help.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Edited by Perry-Pan Thursday, April 11, 2019 2:13 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Perry-Pan Friday, April 12, 2019 5:44 AM
    • Unproposed as answer by Perry-Pan Thursday, April 18, 2019 9:29 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Perry-Pan Thursday, April 18, 2019 9:29 AM
    • Marked as answer by Andy DavidMVP Wednesday, June 26, 2019 10:52 AM
    Thursday, April 11, 2019 2:06 AM

All replies

• Hi Pavan _Dixit,

What's your account type? Exchange or IMAP?

If the OST file is corrupted, normally, we can recreate it. Because for exchange account, the local data file(.ost) is a copy on your computer. All your items are saved on the server.

Please delete or rename your OST file and Outlook will recreate the offline Outlook Data File (.ost) the next time you open Outlook.

Reference: Repair Outlook Data Files (.pst and .ost)

Besides, do you encounter any issues with Outlook client? If recreating OST file doesn’t help, you can also post back with more details. We are willing to help.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Edited by Perry-Pan Thursday, April 11, 2019 2:13 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Perry-Pan Friday, April 12, 2019 5:44 AM
    • Unproposed as answer by Perry-Pan Thursday, April 18, 2019 9:29 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Perry-Pan Thursday, April 18, 2019 9:29 AM
    • Marked as answer by Andy DavidMVP Wednesday, June 26, 2019 10:52 AM
    Thursday, April 11, 2019 2:06 AM
  • Hi Pavan _Dixit,

Have you recreated your .ost file? Does issue go away?

If you need further help, please feel free to post back.

Regards,

Perry

Monday, April 15, 2019 5:14 AM
  • Hi Pavan _Dixit,

Just check if there are any updates with this issue?

Regards,

Perry

Tuesday, April 16, 2019 9:19 AM