none
Reporting WSS Sync Fails after Upgrade to Project Server 2013 RRS feed

  • Question

  • Finally able to get back to this after a much needed vacation and finding post upgrade to Project Server 2013, we are getting Reporting WSS Sync failures when publishing! Reading through the forum it looks like the 24018 - 1100 errors have to do with Issues list links missing. However, here is the twist - after we upgraded, we could not access any of our project sites due to getting a "Field type PwaLinkCustomField is not installed properly. Go to the list settings page to delete this field" error. Researching that the only fix found was to do the following as all sites were showing this "Delete this Invalid Field."

    1. Access the "Library Settings" via the "Library" ribbon OR "List Settings" via the "List" ribbon
    2. Scroll to the bottom of the list of columns and you will see an entry which says "Delete this invalid field"
    3. Repeat for all broken libraries and lists.

    We did the above and indeed the sites now became accessible. We can now access our project sites, but when we try and publish, we get the "ReportingWssSyncListFailed" error (see below).  Tried forcing a rebuild of reporting DB, but that didn't help. Anyone else run into this and know how to fix?

    Rick

    Error:

    Reporting Wss list sync failed:

     ReportingWssSyncListFailed

    (24018) - 1100. Details: id='24018' name='ReportingWssSyncListFailed' uid='718810e4-195b-e511-810f-005056886d32' SPListType='32833a5e-a174-4045-8690-94616efab137' Error='1100'.


    ReportingWssSyncListFailed

    (24018) - 1100. Details: id='24018' name='ReportingWssSyncListFailed' uid='7a8810e4-195b-e511-810f-005056886d32' SPListType='32833a5e-a174-4045-8690-94616efab137' Error='1100'.


    ReportingWssSyncListFailed

    (24018) - 1100. Details: id='24018' name='ReportingWssSyncListFailed' uid='838810e4-195b-e511-810f-005056886d32' SPListType='32833a5e-a174-4045-8690-94616efab137' Error='1100'.


    ReportingWssSyncListFailed

    (24018) - 1100. Details: id='24018' name='ReportingWssSyncListFailed' uid='8c8810e4-195b-e511-810f-005056886d32' SPListType='32833a5e-a174-4045-8690-94616efab137' Error='1100'.


    ReportingWssSyncListFailed

    (24018) - 1100. Details: id='24018' name='ReportingWssSyncListFailed' uid='958810e4-195b-e511-810f-005056886d32' SPListType='32833a5e-a174-4045-8690-94616efab137' Error='1100'



    Rick Frisby


    • Edited by Rick VF Monday, September 14, 2015 8:46 PM
    Monday, September 14, 2015 8:27 PM

Answers

All replies

  • Rick, I have not seen this type of error during upgrades, did you do this?

    http://www.vishalseth.com/post/2009/11/14/Field-type-lt;blahgt;-is-not-installed-properly-Go-to-the-list-settings-page-to-delete-this-field-When-trying-to-use-custom-field-types-developed-using-VseWss-30-v13.aspx

    but either way, what has happened it appears is that you have deleted one of Project Server's built in fields in the Issues List.  MSFT is very picky about this - cannot delete any OOTB lists or fields from the project sites, or any template derived from the default template.  there is code in the application that expects to find these fields - as they have corresponding settings in the DB's - hence the error.

    the only fix that I know of, is to remove the broken sites (capture the content first, obviously) and rebuild the sites from a known good template (like the OOTB template or any derivative based on that one - which has NOT deleted any fields).

    if some one knows of a better way, please speak up.

    Hope this helps


    Thanks, Eric S. Pcubed

    • Marked as answer by Rick VF Thursday, January 14, 2016 4:03 PM
    Monday, December 14, 2015 7:52 PM
  • Yes, we ran into that “Field type <blah> is not installed properly. Go to the list settings page to delete this field.” and searched but did not find the answer above at the time. We found an answer in a SharePoint forum that said they had to delete the field to get the site working again. It was the links field. That did get the sites working again, so we thought it was a translation issue between the old and new way of doing links. After that is when the WSS issues started occurring, so we will probably have to rebuild the sites... school of hard knocks on this one! Thanks for the follow-up.

    Rick Frisby

    Thursday, January 14, 2016 4:13 PM