status report of a remote machine but using Powershell RRS feed

• Question

• Running a computer report from the wsus mmc for a specific remote server using specific criteria (classification, products and status) is not a problem.  However, doing this with Powershell doesn't seem to be that easy.  Does anyone know how to do this, or whether there's a publicly available script for this?  It's not about retrieving the update history of a machine, but rather finding out if there are critical and security updates with status "needed" or "failed" for whatever product, as you can see in a "computer detailed status report".
    Monday, January 13, 2020 5:06 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Provide a solution for your reference. PoshWSUS module can be used to implement most management operations in the console through Powershell. You may consider reading the following articles for research: "Use the Free PoshWSUS PowerShell Module for WSUS Administrative Work."

* Please Note: Since the web site is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Hope the above can help you.

Regards,
    Yic

Please remember to mark as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, January 14, 2020 6:02 AM
  • hi, thanks for the reply, I'm currently trying PoshWSUS but I'm not sure it still works in Win10 with PS 5.1. 
    After importing the module, I can't even connect with the wsus:

Connect-PSWSUSServer -WsusServer "<our-wsus-server>" -port 8530
    WARNING: Unable to connect to <our-wsus-server>!

I tried without specifying the port, different ports, etc,... allways the same error.

Tuesday, January 14, 2020 3:27 PM
  • Connect-PSWSUSServer -WsusServer "<our-wsus-server>" -port 8530
    WARNING: Unable to connect to <our-wsus-server>!

Please try to fill in the FQDN of the WSUS server here, like the screenshot below. When I fill in the server name, I cannot connect, but there is no problem with the FQDN.

Regards,
    Yic

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, January 15, 2020 12:50 AM
  • Hi,

Any update is welcome here.
    If the issue is resolved, share your solution or find the helpful response "Mark as Answer" to help other community members find the answer.

Thank you for your cooperation, as always.

Regards,
    Yic

Friday, January 17, 2020 6:08 AM