none
MS Project Professional 2013 and 2013 Sharepoint Error RRS feed

• Question

• I have a 2013 sharepoint site that I'm trying to sync a project (using ms 2013 project professional) with and I keep getting an error saying that "We can't write task "xyz" to the SharePoint site. This is either because the task is in read-only mode or because this task has a column that requires unique value". I just opened this project and just wrote in one task and am getting this error. Not sure what is causing it or how to fix it. Anyone have any idea how to fix this?
    • Edited by ah219 Friday, January 24, 2014 4:57 PM
    Friday, January 24, 2014 4:56 PM

All replies

• As per the error First of all you check whether your project is open in read write mode or in Read only. First of all clear the local cache then open the project create a task then try to sync.

Check whether Data is valid, check if you are using any special character.

Here are the restrictions of such synchronization process:
    Only works with SharePoint Foundation or SharePoint Server 2010
    Only works with Project Professional
    Only works when Project Professional is not connected to Project Server
    Synchronized tasks become Manually Scheduled tasks (cannot keep Auto Scheduled)

check this link  for better explanation.

kirtesh

Friday, January 24, 2014 5:20 PM
  • what I don't know how to do is get my project out of "read only" format-- it shouldn't be in that format to begin with since its a brand new project. How do I change those settings?
    Friday, January 24, 2014 5:39 PM
  • You have to check in your project properly.

As of now you open MS Project connect it from server --> File --> Option --> Save --> Clean up cache then close the file and now open your project again from MS project.

http://www.epmcentral.com/msp2010/pjcachecleanup.php

http://nkelkar.wordpress.com/2011/08/23/project-professional-cannot-open-project-in-read-write-mode/ 

Once you will open project in read write mode then create new task and sync it will not give any issue.

kirtesh

Friday, January 24, 2014 5:45 PM