Outlook blocked access the this potentially unsafe item RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am having a strange issue with outlook whereas it blocks an entire email. 

I trust the source as it has come from a customers archived mailbox, (we use a third party archiving solution) anyone have any suggestions?

Kind Regards
    Ben

Wednesday, July 8, 2020 4:32 PM

All replies

• Hi Ben,

Thanks for visiting our forum.

Are you using Outlook desktop client? If so, what's the version of your Outlook? (File > Office Account > About Outlook). Please make sure you have upgraded your Outlook to the latest version.

>> I am having a strange issue with outlook whereas it blocks an entire email. "Outlook blocked access the this potentially unsafe item".

Can this email be open normally on other Outlook clients?
    I did some research about your issue, but only found some information related to unsafe attachments, please check if the workarounds mentioned in this article are useful:Outlook blocked access to the following potentially unsafe attachments.

If the issue still continues, to conduct further researches on your issue, would you mind kindly providing me with more information related to your issue(such as screenshots)?

You could add your screenshots to your reply or upload the picture to OneDrive and copy the picture link to reply. (Notice: Please hide your personal information in the screenshot for security.)

Any update, please feel free to post back.

Regards,

Jeff Yang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Thursday, July 9, 2020 2:40 AM
  • Hi ,

Just checking in to see if above information was helpful. If you have any further updates on this issue, please feel free to post back.

Regards,

Jeff Yang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Sunday, July 12, 2020 7:35 AM
  • Hi Jeff, 

Apologies for the the late reply, I have tried other pcs and on OWA the email doesnt even appear, ive read that error message but its the whole email blocked nothing about an attachment, therefore I cant use the registry fix and there is not file extension to unblock. 

Monday, July 13, 2020 1:31 PM
  • Hi Ben,

Thanks for your reply.

>>  I have tried other pcs and on OWA the email doesnt even appear.

As I know, Outlook download emails from their mail server. If this email could not be seen on the web mail either, I'm afraid that this issue might be related to your email account itself. Since here we mainly focus on general issues about Outlook desktop client, I'm afraid little we could help about that. Please contact the administrator of your email account for more information.

"Outlook IT Pro Discussions" forum will be migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A, please refer to the sticky post for more details.

Regards,

Jeff Yang

"Outlook IT Pro Discussions" forum will be migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A! We invite you to post new questions in the new forum.

For more information, please refer to the sticky post.

Thursday, July 16, 2020 12:40 PM
  • Hi ,

Just checking in to see if above information was helpful. If you have any further updates on this issue, please feel free to post back.

"Outlook IT Pro Discussions" forum will be migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A, please refer to the sticky post for more details.

Regards,

Jeff Yang

"Outlook IT Pro Discussions" forum will be migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A! We invite you to post new questions in the new forum.

For more information, please refer to the sticky post.

Saturday, July 18, 2020 11:34 AM