Error message Biztalk server after installing SCOM agent RRS feed

• Question

• After installing the SCOM agent on our Biztalk 2006 server a problem occured.
    When we open the BizTalk Server 2006 Administration Console we get regularry the following message:

"failed to create a clsid_biztalkpropertybagfactory com component installed with a biztalk server"

After searching the error message on Google i found several 'solutions' which al state that we should restart the WMI service.
    This indeed solves the problem for a while. I would like to solve the problem permanently.

Does anyone else received this message and do you have a sollution?

Monday, June 15, 2009 9:27 AM

Answers

• hmm,

haven't had this error myself. But somehow makes me think about WMI being the culprit here. Are you running Biztalk on a Windows 2003 Server? Because when that is the case you should check out this posting of Kevin Holman. This post is based about trouble-shooting issues on DC's in combination with the DNS MP. But here the cause isn't the MP but WMI on Windows 2003 Server.

In this posting he writes about how to solve that issue: applying a hotfix for WMI and/or changing the buffers of WMI and/or applying an new version of WSH. In your case I would go for options 1 and 2 which are all targeted at WMI. Certainly will not harm your server. And when changing the registry, allways make a backup of that part of the registry. But that goes without saying.
    Best regards, Marnix Wolf (Thoughts on OpsMgr)
    Sunday, July 19, 2009 1:58 PM

All replies