Disable/Grey-Out File open browse Window RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Champs,

When registry editor is opened, I would like to disable, or grayed out so that options like Import/Export etc which gives user an options to browse thru file system, is not available to users. I know this is not easy and usually not thought of, but I was asked to look into this  as we had to this in one of the project as mandate. Main objective is to block users from browse file system

Appreciate any pointers or your out of box solutions as I see some creative suggestions are observed on this forums. Are there any system calls like rundll32 etc or some hidden switches or options that can passed on to regedit.exe so that these options are grayed out. Any clue if OS SDK can be of help

Thanks

Vasu

Vasu
    Thursday, July 15, 2010 12:18 PM

Answers

• Hi,

There is a workaround to Disable Regedit. For more information, please refer to the following link:

How to Enable or Disable Regedit in Vista

Please Note: Since the website is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Sabrina

Monday, July 19, 2010 8:36 AM

All replies

• Appreciate pointers
    Vasu
    Monday, July 19, 2010 4:30 AM
  • Hi,

There is a workaround to Disable Regedit. For more information, please refer to the following link:

How to Enable or Disable Regedit in Vista

Please Note: Since the website is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Sabrina

Monday, July 19, 2010 8:36 AM