none
How to get Canadian French keyboard in deployment RRS feed

• Question

• I have a Win 10 1803 deployment that I'm working on. I'm trying to set the keyboard layout to French Canada but it keep going to French multilingual standard.

I have the following set

UILanguage=fr-CA

UserLocale=fr-CA

Systemlocale=fr-CA

KeyboardLocale=fr-CA;0c0c:00001009

Is there a way to have the deployment for the french image to use the French Canada keyboard layout?

• Edited by PJ Dugue Wednesday, June 5, 2019 1:44 PM I had to undo the changes I had previously made
    Monday, June 3, 2019 7:32 PM

All replies

• Hello, french canadian here to help you. Here are my settings:

Bootstrap.ini

KeyboardLocalePE=fr-CA
    KeyboardLocale=0c0c:00001009
    UserLocale=fr-CA
    InputLocale=0c0c:00001009
    SystemLocale=fr-CA
    UILanguage=fr-CA

In my database:

KeyboardLocalePE=fr-CA
    KeyboardLocale=0c0c:00001009
    UserLocale=fr-CA
    InputLocale=0c0c:00001009
    SystemLocale=fr-CA
    UILanguage=fr-CA

Both long format or numbered format works.

Are you using the French Canada ISO?

Tuesday, June 4, 2019 6:04 PM
  • The core image is in english. I have two TS one for french and another for english. That takes the core and make the required modification for FR or EN.

Also I wanted to make sure that the changes apply to the deployment TS, I don't need the changes in the PE environment.

Just curious, what does KeyboardLocalePE refer to?

I tried that and it prompts me for what language I want to use where it didn't before.

• Edited by PJ Dugue Wednesday, June 5, 2019 1:43 PM Needed to add more info
    Wednesday, June 5, 2019 1:42 PM
  • To be honest I don't know but I suppose it's the keyboard layout used in PE. I believe that you'll be stuck with this since you are using an english ISO. For a test, I'd use a FR-CA iso just to make sure your problem is with the ISO and not with your task sequence.

Good luck.

Wednesday, June 5, 2019 3:12 PM