Changed the APPV Admin group name RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

We just completed an App-V server v4.5 SP2 install and configuration. Was then told the App-V Admin group didn't follow the naming convention so they changed the name of the Users and Admins group. Now, as suspected, cannot open the Management console. I was going to re-create the provider policy and server group.

What needs to happen to fix this?  Our database is on a seperate SQL server, running 2008 R2.

Thanks

Monday, July 25, 2011 5:20 PM

Answers

• Yes, the groups are correct. I deleted the Provider Policy and server group, then recreated them. I updated the ROLES table in the database as well. Only an admin can receive apps. Digging a bit deeper, I discovered that the issue is my TEST1 group is not in the APPV-USERS group. I also have not had DomainUsers added either, but that was by choice.  I guess the reason the admins couldn't launch an app right away was because, it took time to effect <shrug>.

Tuesday, July 26, 2011 2:09 PM

All replies

• I update the ROLES table in the database to reflect the newly named ADMIN group and this worked, but Users are receiving access denied on a refresh. Hmmm...
    Monday, July 25, 2011 6:57 PM
  • Hello,

Verify if the groups set within the provider-policy are correct...
    If they are - perhaps you can share a bit more information about what you have done and what you are experiecing...
    /Znack
    Monday, July 25, 2011 7:33 PM
  • Yes, the groups are correct. I deleted the Provider Policy and server group, then recreated them. I updated the ROLES table in the database as well. Only an admin can receive apps. Digging a bit deeper, I discovered that the issue is my TEST1 group is not in the APPV-USERS group. I also have not had DomainUsers added either, but that was by choice.  I guess the reason the admins couldn't launch an app right away was because, it took time to effect <shrug>.

Tuesday, July 26, 2011 2:09 PM