Webmail acting not as expected in Internet Explorer RRS feed

• Question

• Our users at the packaging department are using one computer with more persons to check their webmail (OWA in Office365)

But if one person logs in to the webmail, checks his mail and logs out, the next person who logs in gets the mail from the first person.

It is probably some setting in IE (9.0 to be exact) but I can not find it. Please help me before the users get frustrated.

Monday, June 10, 2013 9:41 AM

Answers

• Is their a possibility that I can create a link that will automatically open a new session or work with InPrivate Browsing.

You could do that with a Desktop shortcut.   E.g. a .lnk file which explicitly refers to  iexplore.exe and the command-line switches you want to use...

OMG.  Something is horribly wrong ATM with the documentation and its indexing.  In order to find a reference to what I am getting at I actually had to start an InPrivate Browsing session (e.g. press Ctrl-p) then fork off a new session from it (Alt-F ix) then list its Command line:

PS C:\> Get-WmiObject win32_Process | Where-Object {$_.ProcessName -match 'iexplore'} | select CommandLine

"C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe"  -noframemerging -sessionmerging -private

Then do a web search.   There may be some useful info using those terms if you are Asian but here is all I could find (using Google, BING didn't have this one):

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/askie/archive/2009/05/08/session-management-within-internet-explorer-8-0.aspx

(Google search for
        "iexplore.exe"  noframemerging sessionmerging private  site:msdn.com
    )

Strange that there is so little info about this and nothing more current than IE8?

FYI

Robert
    ---

Tuesday, June 11, 2013 6:41 PM
    Answerer

All replies

• if one person logs in to the webmail, checks his mail and logs out, the next person who logs in gets the mail from the first person.

The are probably requesting that their sign-on be remembered, e.g. via AutoComplete.  Then tell them about  File, New Session (Alt-F i) or InPrivate Browsing (Ctrl-Shift-P)
    Monday, June 10, 2013 1:04 PM
    Answerer
  • I now have a link at our Intranet (html-page). Is their a possibility that I can create a link that will automatically open a new session or work with InPrivate Browsing.

Tuesday, June 11, 2013 7:50 AM
  • Is their a possibility that I can create a link that will automatically open a new session or work with InPrivate Browsing.

You could do that with a Desktop shortcut.   E.g. a .lnk file which explicitly refers to  iexplore.exe and the command-line switches you want to use...

OMG.  Something is horribly wrong ATM with the documentation and its indexing.  In order to find a reference to what I am getting at I actually had to start an InPrivate Browsing session (e.g. press Ctrl-p) then fork off a new session from it (Alt-F ix) then list its Command line:

PS C:\> Get-WmiObject win32_Process | Where-Object {$_.ProcessName -match 'iexplore'} | select CommandLine

"C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe"  -noframemerging -sessionmerging -private

Then do a web search.   There may be some useful info using those terms if you are Asian but here is all I could find (using Google, BING didn't have this one):

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/askie/archive/2009/05/08/session-management-within-internet-explorer-8-0.aspx

(Google search for
        "iexplore.exe"  noframemerging sessionmerging private  site:msdn.com
    )

Strange that there is so little info about this and nothing more current than IE8?

FYI

Robert
    ---

Tuesday, June 11, 2013 6:41 PM
    Answerer