Windows 7 Net Problem Modem Driver RRS feed

• Question

• I installed Windows 7 Ultimate 32 Bit but i am facing a severe problem in connecting the net. I have a Broadband ADSL connection & the MODEM is a ZTE ZXDSL 852 (http://biecolink.com/adsl_pdf/ZXDSL_852_Brochure.pdf) given by the service provider. It supported Windows XP & Vista in my previous versions & after installing 7 it does install but it doesn't connect.

I am back in XP again because 7 is no use for me without the net. so can anyone please post any help RE: this matter? because it is urgent

thanks

Saturday, April 10, 2010 2:43 PM

Answers

• The document that you link states that the modem doesn't support Vista. (?)

This is going to sound a bit like "Let them eat cake!", but can your ISP provide a different model that uses an Ethernet connection to the PC? Such a modem wouldn't require special drivers under Win7, so you wouldn't have to worry about that.

Saturday, April 10, 2010 5:06 PM
  • Hi,

I would like to suggest you try to contact your ISP to replace a modem which is compatible with Windows 7.

Regards,

Arthur Li - MSFT
    Monday, April 12, 2010 7:21 AM

All replies

• The document that you link states that the modem doesn't support Vista. (?)

This is going to sound a bit like "Let them eat cake!", but can your ISP provide a different model that uses an Ethernet connection to the PC? Such a modem wouldn't require special drivers under Win7, so you wouldn't have to worry about that.

Saturday, April 10, 2010 5:06 PM
  • Hi,

I would like to suggest you try to contact your ISP to replace a modem which is compatible with Windows 7.

Regards,

Arthur Li - MSFT
    Monday, April 12, 2010 7:21 AM