none
Delay Emails - winsock error code 10060 exchange 2013 RRS feed

• Question

•  Hi,

My name is Bharat. From Last 6 months i have been facing mails delay problem with my Exchange Server 2013.

Details of Problem -  I can see emails are stucked in Queue Viewer & it shows retry and winsock error code 10060.

after 25-30 min at automatically shows ready in queue & mails get delivered as well as receives. I am not able to

understand why this is happening ? Please help me to solve this issue.

Wednesday, December 16, 2015 5:47 AM

Answers

• Nobody here can tell you why those messages are hanging up.  What I would do is enable protocol logging on the send connectors that are involved and then look at the SMTP protocol log to see what's happening to connections to those domains.  It's possible that your Exchange server, subnet, ISP or domain is blacklisted.

Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."
    Celebrating 20 years of providing Exchange peer support!

Thursday, December 17, 2015 12:09 AM
  • Hi,

Here's an article about this issue, for your reference: http://www.microsoft.com/technet/support/ee/transform.aspx?ProdName=Exchange&ProdVer=8.0&EvtID=1035&EvtSrc=MSExchangeTransport&LCID=1033

It indicate that source IP address cannot connect to receive connector (New Receive) with logon denied, please check the ip range, authentication and permission setting for that problematic connector(New Receive).

You can use telnet to the Exchange server on port 25 and sending an email manually to see it success or not. Moreover, we can enable transport connector logs to troubleshooting.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Allen Wang
    TechNet Community Support

Friday, December 18, 2015 2:29 AM

All replies

• Hello, Bharat.  How many Exchange servers do you have?  What does the Next Hop Domain that you obfuscated represent, i.e., what is it and where is it?

Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."

Wednesday, December 16, 2015 8:13 AM
  • Hi,

i have only 1 exchange server. In start menu there is a program called exchange toolbox. In there queue viewer is a option. Above given screenshot is of queue viewer. in Next Hop Domain it shows my domain name. if someone sent a email from gmail to me in Next Hop Domain gmail.com shows & in message count i am able to see number of mails stucked in queue along with subject.

Wednesday, December 16, 2015 8:20 AM
  • Are those recipients mailboxes in your Exchange server?

Wednesday, December 16, 2015 8:27 AM
  • No. Whenever from another domain like if someone sends email through mail.yahoo.com then it will show you yahoo.com. They are not added in my exchange server.

Wednesday, December 16, 2015 8:28 AM
  • Nobody here can tell you why those messages are hanging up.  What I would do is enable protocol logging on the send connectors that are involved and then look at the SMTP protocol log to see what's happening to connections to those domains.  It's possible that your Exchange server, subnet, ISP or domain is blacklisted.

Thursday, December 17, 2015 12:09 AM

• Ok. Can you tell me in event viewer - Microsoft exchange transport  gives  " Inbound authentication failed with error LogonDenied for Receive connector New Receive. The authentication mechanism is Login. The source IP address of the client who tried to authenticate to Microsoft Exchange " this error. because of this i am facing emails delay issue ???
    Thursday, December 17, 2015 4:26 AM
  • Hi,

Here's an article about this issue, for your reference: http://www.microsoft.com/technet/support/ee/transform.aspx?ProdName=Exchange&ProdVer=8.0&EvtID=1035&EvtSrc=MSExchangeTransport&LCID=1033

It indicate that source IP address cannot connect to receive connector (New Receive) with logon denied, please check the ip range, authentication and permission setting for that problematic connector(New Receive).

You can use telnet to the Exchange server on port 25 and sending an email manually to see it success or not. Moreover, we can enable transport connector logs to troubleshooting.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Allen Wang
    TechNet Community Support

Friday, December 18, 2015 2:29 AM