User profile: Unable to upload picture RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I have completed configuring and synchronizing user profiles in SharePoint 2013 and the Mysite is working perfectly fine.

I have created people directory as per the instructions from the link below... 

http://www.sharepointconfig.com/2013/05/how-to-create-a-simple-sharepoint-2013-people-directory/

The user is unable to upload picture if they are accessing the profile from people search page. However when the same user access 'mysite' and click on upload picture the window to change picture pops up and able to upload picture.

I have give 'contribute' permissions to the page and no change

Can anyone please help me?

Regards,

JD

• Edited by Rookio Thursday, August 6, 2015 7:32 PM
    Thursday, August 6, 2015 7:31 PM

Answers

All replies

• The picture comes from their stored profile, it is actually sitting in a hidden document library. You cannot edit the picture from the People Search results page, that is simply a page that displays information in the search index of the user profiles. It is in a hidden library in you mysites area, something like mysites/UserPhotos.
    • Proposed as answer by Dean_Wang Tuesday, August 11, 2015 12:18 PM
    Thursday, August 6, 2015 8:34 PM
  • Thank you for your response Seth.

Can you please let me know if there is any provisions that I can allow users to upload pictures from people search page please?

Something like giving permissions to the user photos library on Mysite

Regards,

Rookio

• Edited by Rookio Monday, August 24, 2015 1:30 PM
    Monday, August 24, 2015 11:16 AM
  • Hi Rookio,

If you want to change user photos, you can refer to:

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/briangre/archive/2014/03/11/options-for-sharepoint-user-profile-pictures.aspx

Thanks,

Dean Wang

TechNet Community Support
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, August 25, 2015 2:16 AM