I was reading the info in the link, and I have a similar issue. RRS feed

• Question

• http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/itprovistaapps/thread/0f8a2788-7166-4095-8883-b3a4f96651e9

I saw that there was an update to be installed, I ran it, and it said install was successful several times, but the icon still shows up on the shut down on /off icon. I tried unclicking the box, and restart, and it comes back with the box clicked. I almost paid a guy to come see what this orange icon with an ! was, as he said it may be a virus. But looking on the web I found it was a microsoft thing, and then I found this site. So please help me, my computer did not crash, I just can not figure out how to get rid of this, and in a few days I will switch from ATT to sonic Fusion, and do not want a hassle.

I was going to ignore it, until I saw how that other guy said he was not allowed to get on the internet.

Thanks. Bob / samny.

Monday, July 11, 2011 10:02 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Do you mean Visual Studio C++ 2005 Redistribution Pack Update KB2538242 repeatly install or you encountered C++ runtime error?

If it is a Windows update issue, please try the steps described on the original website to manually install the update and check.

Regards,

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Friday, July 15, 2011 8:50 AM