none
Windowsupdate.log WARNING: SyncUpdates failure, error = 0x8024400D, soap client error = 7, soap error code = 300, HTTP status code = 200

Question

• Hello all,

I have a problem with Windows Update agent on Windows 7 SP1 enterprise.

We are using Configuration Manager 1606 and Windows 7 SP1 and about 140 computers works without any problem.

On the other 10 computers I got the following error message in the windowsupdate.log:

WARNING: SyncUpdates failure, error = 0x8024400D, soap client error = 7, soap error code = 300, HTTP status code = 200

WARNING: SOAP Fault: 0x00012c

WARNING:     faultstring:Fault occurred

WARNING:     ErrorCode:InvalidParameters(7)

I've tried several actions although none does any help. Here is the list of actions:

- upgrade windows update agent to the latest version

- windows update agent reset by this instructions https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/971058/how-do-i-reset-windows-update-components

- empty Temporary Internet files

- check the rules and blocked traffic on windows firewall and physical firewall between server and workstation vlan

- sfc /scannow

It looks like significant Windows 7 error, although reinstalling is not my option.

Thanks for any help!

GregaR

Thursday, August 3, 2017 7:18 AM

All replies

• Hi GregaR,

Can the clients get updates from MS directly?

Please check your proxy settings.

Besides, try to clean up wsus server to see the result.

There is a similar case can be regarded as a reference, note the method in op’s last reply

Error 0x8024400d Scan failed with error 0x8024400d

https://prajwaldesai.com/community/threads/error-0x8024400d-scan-failed-with-error-0x8024400d.464/

Please Note: Since the website is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, August 4, 2017 3:24 AM
  • Hi Teemo,

First of all thank you for your ideas.

I don't have proxy and also client is configured without it.

WSUS is already cleaned up.

Regards,

Grega

Monday, August 7, 2017 9:43 AM
  • Have you check the similar case I mentioned on last reply?

Their troubleshooting thread is meaningful, and How to identify and decline superseded updates in WSUS article worth trying.

http://www.tecknowledgebase.com/43/how-to-identify-and-decline-superseded-updates-in-wsus/

Please Note: Since the website is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, August 8, 2017 1:19 AM
  • Resetting Win updater manual,isnt easy,it takes about 30 minutes or so,outlined in kb...Win 7 uses

Windows Update Agent 30-x86  &  Windowsupdateagent-7.6-x86

Tuesday, August 8, 2017 1:51 AM
  • I'm using Configuration Manager and I don't manage WSUS manually. Despite that I started the Server Cleanup Wizard which is still running after 24+ hours. So I intend to leave it to finish and should there be any improvement.

I'll let you know about any result.

Best Regards,

Grega

Tuesday, August 8, 2017 2:21 PM
  • Hi guys,

No progress on this, I still have same error with same set of computers.

Best Regards,

Grega

Wednesday, August 9, 2017 12:29 PM