none
Cannot see the database using by MAP Toolkit. RRS feed

• Question

• How can I configure MAP to see its database inside my local MS SQL Management Studio while it's filling out by MAP withotu reattaching/restoring it? I can run the MAP database backup and then restore it in my local SQL Server Express and run my queries, but I cannot see the real live MAP database in my MS SQL Management Studio while it's gorwing up. Why?
    Wednesday, August 1, 2012 5:00 PM

Answers

• You connect to the MAP instance of localDB by using “(localdb)\maptoolkit” for the server name.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Wednesday, August 1, 2012 10:07 PM

All replies

• You connect to the MAP instance of localDB by using “(localdb)\maptoolkit” for the server name.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Wednesday, August 1, 2012 10:07 PM
  • Just got the answer from Mike Switzer (Microsoft) in email. Thanks, Mike! It worked on my machine.

You connect to the MAP instance of localDB by using “(localdb)\maptoolkit” for the server name.

DSh_AZ

Wednesday, August 1, 2012 11:27 PM
  • Strange, I can't connect DB this Way..
    Thursday, October 18, 2012 6:43 AM
  • You have to use SSMS 2012 to connect to LocalDB.

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. Please VOTE as HELPFUL if the post helps you. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Friday, October 19, 2012 6:49 PM
  • getting similar problem with SQL 2012

Friday, November 9, 2012 9:10 PM
  • That's because you are using the computer's host name instead of (localdb).

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. Please VOTE as HELPFUL if the post helps you. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Friday, November 9, 2012 11:23 PM
  • that was the magic, thank you
    Monday, November 12, 2012 8:42 PM