none
How to use the function "match" when creating a project team in project server or project pro RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

In project server or project pro I want to use the function "match"  to display the members of a generic resources (example here, sorry for the French version: https://youtu.be/gUiAt-REmso).

I have create an "RBS" and define "team name", all the resources (generic or not) are bind to them but the function "match" doesn't worked.

Thanks for your help,

Wednesday, April 18, 2018 12:15 PM

Answers

• Poulet4500 --

RBS and Team Name have nothing to do with the Matching function.  Instead, you need to create an enterprise custom Resource field with a Lookup Table.  Populate the Lookup Table with resource-related information, such as roles, skills, etc.  When you create the field, select the Use this field for matching generic resources checkbox.  After doing this, specify a value for EVERY Generic and human resource in your Enterprise Resource Pool.  Once you have done all of this, the Matching functionality will work.  Hope this helps.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

Wednesday, April 18, 2018 1:20 PM

All replies

• Poulet4500 --

RBS and Team Name have nothing to do with the Matching function.  Instead, you need to create an enterprise custom Resource field with a Lookup Table.  Populate the Lookup Table with resource-related information, such as roles, skills, etc.  When you create the field, select the Use this field for matching generic resources checkbox.  After doing this, specify a value for EVERY Generic and human resource in your Enterprise Resource Pool.  Once you have done all of this, the Matching functionality will work.  Hope this helps.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

Wednesday, April 18, 2018 1:20 PM
  • Thank you, it works !

I selected the checkbox in the team name field and the matching works😊

Have a good day!

Wednesday, April 18, 2018 2:34 PM