Outlook.com 2016 - Setting Rules for "On behalf of" sender RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Everyone,

I'm new in outlook and am having trouble in setting rules to filter emails.

Most of emails I received are from a group account, all members of the group account will receive email.

Problem: How to filter an "on behalf of" email so that every time I receive an email from a specific email add (thouhg was sent using group account) will automatically move to assigned folder?

Example:

Group Account: AAAgroup@yahoo.com
    Person A (personA@yahoo.com) sent an email to AAAgroup@yahoo.com and all members receive the email..

what appears on my outlook is like below:

AAAgroup@yahoo.com on behalf of personA@yahoo.com

How can I filter personA@yahoo.com email add so that every time personA@yahoo.com send an email directly to me OR thru AAAgroup@yahoo.com (group account) will automatically move to assigned folder?

Thanks in advance for sharing your expertise.

Regards,
    Lousy
    Friday, October 12, 2018 8:21 AM

All replies

• How can I filter personA@yahoo.com email add so that every time personA@yahoo.com send an email directly to me OR thru AAAgroup@yahoo.com (group account) will automatically move to assigned folder?

Hi Lousy,

You may try the rules below to check if it can meet your requirement:

If there are some scenarios you would like to exclude, you may fine tune the rule using more conditions like adding some exceptions:

For more instruction about managing messages using rules in Outlook, hopefully you can find the article below helpful:

Manage email messages by using rules

Feel free to let me know if you would like further explanation on this.

Regards,

Yuki Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Monday, October 15, 2018 3:11 AM
  • Hi Lousy,

Have you tried my suggestion? If it woks on your side, do you mind marking it as answer to close the thread? It will help other users who encounter the same issue to search for the answer. Thanks for your understanding and support.

Regards,

Yuki Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Friday, October 19, 2018 3:19 AM