none
delete enterprise custom fields RRS feed

• Question

• Hi to all...

I have an installation of Project2007. Not connected to a Project Server.

I have converted a resource pool file from Project 2010 (connected to Project Server 2010) to a 2007 version .

In file still remain enteprise resource custom fields.

In Project 2007 I open the file but this contains enteprise resource custom fields. I try to delete it using Library...but is not possible.

I have to delete it because those enteprise resource custom fields goin crash Project 2007 when I make some grouping...or other operation. 

Friday, March 1, 2013 11:16 AM

All replies

• Hello,

It may be this is what you meant when you said you'd deleted it using Library, but have you tried the Organizer?

In the drop down menu, select Tools > Organizer, then go to the fields tab, and select and delete the ones you don't want.

Hope that helps,
    Andrew

Friday, March 1, 2013 1:37 PM
  • Hello,

It may be this is what you meant when you said you'd deleted it using Library, but have you tried the Organizer?

In the drop down menu, select Tools > Organizer, then go to the fields tab, and select and delete the ones you don't want.

Hope that helps,
    Andrew

I have italian version of software... I dont not if Organizer is the option to connect to Project Server (1) or the user form to edit custom field (2).

If you mean (1) ... I don't have administrator account on Project Server

If you mean (2) ... the field that I want delete are not into the custom field.

thank you

Saturday, March 2, 2013 10:43 PM
  • Hello,

It is neither of the two.

I do not speak Italian so I'll try to help you differently.

In the Tools menu, it is the line below the line labeled Macro.

Good luck.

Greetings,

Sunday, March 3, 2013 1:35 PM
  • Hello,

It is neither of the two.

I do not speak Italian so I'll try to help you differently.

In the Tools menu, it is the line below the line labeled Macro.

Good luck.

Greetings,

Ok, "Organizer" in italian version is called "Libreria"...

With Organizer I try to delete those fields...but when I press "DELETE" ...nothing happen. No error, no delete the item... nothing.

thank you

Tuesday, March 5, 2013 9:30 AM
  • Greetings... ¿has anyone solved this? I have the exactly same problem.

Thanks!

Thursday, July 11, 2013 2:38 PM
  • Hi,

Funny, I am going to meet a customer tomorrow morning who has exactly the same problem - only he wants to delete all custom fields. I shall tel him to open a new file, not connected to the server, copy all the tasks and save them in the new file. That one will no longer have the custom field.

In other words, indeed, Organizer does not delete custom fields coming from Big Brother (Server)

Greetings,

Thursday, July 11, 2013 6:25 PM
  • Daniel --

When save and enterprise project as a local project (MPP file) and then need to strip the local file of the residual enterprise fields, I save the project as an XML file.  Then I close the XML file, reopen it, and use the Import Wizard to create a new project.  To date, I have never had any problems doing it this way.  I learned a long time ago that you cannot delete the enterprise fields using the Organizer dialog.  Hope this helps.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

Friday, July 12, 2013 1:05 PM
  • Hi Deniel!

It is "hand-driven" workaround but i don't find better

1) Export project to .xml 

2)  Open .xml and delete all <ExtendedAttribute> </ExtendedAttribute> tags which contain <CFType> tags inside .  Like tag-sample  bellow.

3) Save .xml and open in MS Project.

<ExtendedAttribute>
    <FieldID>188776449</FieldID>
    <FieldName>Работоспособность</FieldName>
    <Guid>0000E8D9-65F1-4769-9BD2-819D38036FCC</Guid>
    <CFType>7</CFType>
    <ElemType>20</ElemType>
    <MaxMultiValues>1</MaxMultiValues>
    <UserDef>1</UserDef>
    <SecondaryPID>255885314</SecondaryPID>
    <SecondaryGuid>00004F6D-90A2-439A-8CC2-1C1EF6D2DA4F</SecondaryGuid>
    <DefaultGuid>000079D2-4A43-41FC-B264-98D23FADD84B</DefaultGuid>