save settings for documents in trusted file location RRS feed

• Question

• I have an excel workbook set up in a trusted file location.  I have a link to the workbook set up on a site.  When a user opens the workbook and makes changes, a pop up asks if they'd like to make changes.  If they click 'Yes', another pop up notifies them that the workbook is read-only and asks if they'd like to save a copy via the Save As dialog box.  This is what I want except, when the Save As dialog opens, it opens to the document library (trusted file location).  I do not want users saving anything to sharepoint in this application.  Is there a setting(s) that would open the Save As dialog to the user's network and not allow them to save to any sharepoint document directory?
    Wednesday, April 22, 2009 3:33 PM

Answers

• Hello,

If you want to prevent those users to save that document on the document library of trusted file location, then you can just set the permission on the document library of the trusted file location. You can set the permission for those users with just “read” right, then when they open the Excel workbook through the link, they are unable to save this document to the original document library.

Regards,

Jerry

Xing-Bing Yu
    Friday, April 24, 2009 10:00 AM