Similar problems here RRS feed

• Question

• When the problem occurs on my desktop with an invidia graphics card and logitech camera but no other logitech equipment (the longer  the system is on, the more likely), I get some or all of the following:

Stuttering on alt-tab

When resuming from the taskbar, I get a ghost of the program thumbnail that quickly disappears

My volume key sticks at 0 (mostly) or 100% (occasionally)

Chrome will notmove from tab to tab under mouse controlThe Lightning calendar under Thunderbird starts scrolling madly backward through the months when I access it.

Explorer will not open a new directory when I click on it, but reverts to the old one.

Thunderbird sticking on one line of my current email summary even when I arrow down/up or click on another email line with my mouse.

Plus many other odd behaviors, all centered on choosing things with the mouse or keyboard (come to think of it, how else would I choose?) and reverting back to what was already there.

I even used LogMeIn to access my desktop from my laptop and the behavior is the same on the virtual desktop. This suggests to me that the behavior is above the hardware level, although the cause may be at a lower level. The system doesn't have to hibernate to go into this mode and sometimes has problems right after boot up. I am working through some of the suggestions above just to see if I can change the symptoms.

Friday, September 9, 2011 10:18 PM

Answers

• It seems that Windows Explorer hangs at that moment. I suspect that the Logitech camera is not compatible with Windows 7. You may need to update drivers from the manufacturer website.

A tool you may try is ShellExView. You can disable add-ons for Windows Explorer easily with this tool.

http://www.snapfiles.com/get/shellexview.html

Important Note: Microsoft provides third-party contact information to help you find technical support. This contact information may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this third-party contact information.

Run ShellExView, in the pane sort the entries with manufacturers. Disable all non-Microsoft *.dll files, and check the result. If the issue does not occur, one of the files can be the culprit. We could narrow down it one by one.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    • Marked as answer by Arthur Xie Thursday, September 15, 2011 8:12 AM
    Tuesday, September 13, 2011 7:14 AM