Serverdeployment with MDT, SCCM and static IPs RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hi,

I am trying to deploy Windows 2003 Images to new systems without using a DHCP or PXE Server. The environment is SCCM 2007 SP1 and MDT 2008. I am using a USB boot stick with a custom PE image that sets a temporary IP address to contact the SCCM Server.

The computer entry in the SCCM Server has the Environment Variables OSDAdapter1IPAddressList, ...

The image is successfull deployed and the mini setups runs. But after the next reboot after the mini setup the Server has no longer an IP address and cannot contact the SCCM server for the last steps.

Has anyone successful installed OSs with SCCM and MDT in an environment without DHCP? What is my mistake?

Thanks

Markus

Thursday, July 10, 2008 2:11 PM

Answers

•  

Hi,

I have solved the problem:

I have missed one of the neccessary variables in the computer properties of the sccm-mmc.

This are the required variables:

OSDAdapterXIPAddressList (Array seperator: ",")

OSDAdapterXSubnetMask (Array)

OSDAdapterXGateways (Array)

OSDAdapterXEnableDHCP (false,true)

Optional:

OSDAdapterXWinsServerList (Array)

OSDAdapterXDNSServerList (Array)

OSDAdapterXName (the Name to set in the networkneightborhood)

OSDAdapterXMacAddress (if set, the script tries to find it by this and not by the numer in netsh)

X is the number of the adapter to configure (if you list the adapters on the command line with "netsh int ip show int" you see the number but ignore the local loopback adapter which has nomac-address and will be filtered out). The list always begins with a zero! If you want to configure OSDAdapter3 you have to configure OSDAdapter0-OSDAdapter, too!

My mistake was with forgetting to set the OSDAdapterCount variable!

I hope this info helps someone,

Markus

Monday, July 14, 2008 3:44 PM

All replies

• Hi

Check out following link

http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/WindowsServ/2003/all/ADS/en-us/concept_img_ipaddress.mspx?mfr=true

use the Setstaticip.vbs

Nico
    Thursday, July 10, 2008 2:45 PM
  • Hmmm... looks interesting. Thanks for the fast reply. I will try it tomorrow.

But I don't understand why the MDT doesn't uses the address variables. There is even a script in the MDT Toolkit package..
    Thursday, July 10, 2008 5:31 PM
  •  

Hi,

I have solved the problem:

I have missed one of the neccessary variables in the computer properties of the sccm-mmc.

This are the required variables:

OSDAdapterXIPAddressList (Array seperator: ",")

OSDAdapterXSubnetMask (Array)

OSDAdapterXGateways (Array)

OSDAdapterXEnableDHCP (false,true)

Optional:

OSDAdapterXWinsServerList (Array)

OSDAdapterXDNSServerList (Array)

OSDAdapterXName (the Name to set in the networkneightborhood)

OSDAdapterXMacAddress (if set, the script tries to find it by this and not by the numer in netsh)

X is the number of the adapter to configure (if you list the adapters on the command line with "netsh int ip show int" you see the number but ignore the local loopback adapter which has nomac-address and will be filtered out). The list always begins with a zero! If you want to configure OSDAdapter3 you have to configure OSDAdapter0-OSDAdapter, too!

My mistake was with forgetting to set the OSDAdapterCount variable!

I hope this info helps someone,

Markus

Monday, July 14, 2008 3:44 PM