SfB doesn't inventory unattended calls RRS feed

• Question

• With Lync 2010, if an pstn user calls to Lync user hangs before Lync user responds, the call is inventoried..

But SfB the call doesn't inventory it...i can't see it on reports...

• Edited by Rivers75 Thursday, August 25, 2016 2:23 PM
    Thursday, August 25, 2016 1:45 PM

Answers

• Right, no logging unless the call is "answered".  Your only option here is to ask for/vote for it on www.skypefeedback.com

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you please click "Vote" on the left side of the response, and if it answered your question please click "Mark As Answer". SWC Unified Communications This forum post is based upon my personal experience and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, SWC, their employees, or other MVPs.

Thursday, August 25, 2016 4:40 PM

All replies

• Correct, this functionality was removed.  I'm not sure why, I personally find it frustrating, but if the call isn't answered, the call isn't logged in the CDR database.

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you please click "Vote" on the left side of the response, and if it answered your question please click "Mark As Answer". SWC Unified Communications This forum post is based upon my personal experience and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, SWC, their employees, or other MVPs.

Thursday, August 25, 2016 2:36 PM
  • We have UM, so we can query Exchange to get those calls....but on some situation we can't get all answering calls..

When Does Exchange resume all user missed calls ?

Thursday, August 25, 2016 2:45 PM
  • I don't understand the question, what you you mean by "When Does Exchange resume all user missed calls"?

Thursday, August 25, 2016 2:52 PM
  • I an user "user1" has four missed calls (for example) on one day (I can see them on Outlook)

If launch "Get-UMCallDataRecord -Mailbox user1@contoso.com" , I can see only 1 or 2 missed calls on that day. It seems Exchange doesn't record all calls...

Thursday, August 25, 2016 3:05 PM
  • Possible that those two were answered by voicemail but the call abandoned?  But yeah, the system unfortunately isn't always the greatest at logging these.

Thursday, August 25, 2016 4:14 PM
  • if voice mail starts and pstn user hangs after, the call is recorded on Exchange logs, but if PSTN user hangs before voice mail start, the call is not recorded on Exchange Logs.
    Thursday, August 25, 2016 4:37 PM
  • Right, no logging unless the call is "answered".  Your only option here is to ask for/vote for it on www.skypefeedback.com

Thursday, August 25, 2016 4:40 PM