none
Getting Windows 10 into MDT RRS feed

• Question

• I updated the other day to MDT 6.3.8298, to start working with Windows 10.  I tried importing the OS from various sources (MSDN, Tech Bench), but it keeps loading the description as "Windows 10 Technical Preview", even though these are brand new downloads.  I'm worried about deploying this, given that descriptor.  I'll run some tests, but was curious if anyone's seen this?

Thank you!

• Edited by Allison W Wednesday, November 18, 2015 6:03 PM
    Wednesday, November 18, 2015 5:44 PM

Answers

• You must be talking about the Enterprise ISO for the 1511 update, ignore that as it has the wrong label but it works just fine. Well the tweet didn't embed like I wanted it to, but this was the response to the tech preview label.

@hoyty Looks like an oversight. Harmless though.

— Michael Niehaus (@mniehaus) November 17, 2015

If this post is helpful please vote it as Helpful or click Mark for answer.

• Edited by Dan_Vega Wednesday, November 18, 2015 7:16 PM
    • Marked as answer by Allison W Wednesday, November 18, 2015 7:27 PM
    Wednesday, November 18, 2015 7:10 PM

All replies

• You must be talking about the Enterprise ISO for the 1511 update, ignore that as it has the wrong label but it works just fine. Well the tweet didn't embed like I wanted it to, but this was the response to the tech preview label.

@hoyty Looks like an oversight. Harmless though.

— Michael Niehaus (@mniehaus) November 17, 2015

If this post is helpful please vote it as Helpful or click Mark for answer.

• Edited by Dan_Vega Wednesday, November 18, 2015 7:16 PM
    • Marked as answer by Allison W Wednesday, November 18, 2015 7:27 PM
    Wednesday, November 18, 2015 7:10 PM
  • Excellent - thank you!  Haven't been able to get it to deploy yet (getting errors during the deployment process now), but glad to know I can start debugging it without the work being wasted because it's the wrong version.
    Wednesday, November 18, 2015 7:27 PM