Kodak imaging doesn't work on Windows 7 using compatibility mode RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I want to run Kodak imaging on windows 7, I have register the OCX files correctly  but when click on kodakimg.exe nothing happening.

i try to change the compatibility mode to windows 7 but nothing happen too.

Please help me.

Regards

Thursday, November 7, 2013 9:24 AM

Answers

• Hi,

The Kodak Imaging for Windows program and the related controls are not included with Microsoft Windows XP and higher.

Imaging for Windows XP Professional Edition and higher is now provided by Global 360.

For more information. Please see:

Kodak imaging for Windows is not included with Windows XP

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/308979

If you are using Windows 7 Professional, Windows 7 Ultimate and Windows 7 Enterprise, you may have a try to run this software in Windows XP Mode.

More information about Windows XP Mode, please see:

Windows XP Mode

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/products/features/windows-xp-mode

Hope this helps,

Ada Liu

• Marked as answer by Cloud_TS Monday, November 25, 2013 12:42 PM
    Saturday, November 9, 2013 3:03 PM

All replies

• You will have to contact Kodak about your problem.  If the program is not compatible with Windows 7 Microsoft cannot do anything to make it compatible.  The publisher of the software must fix it so it will be compatible with Windows 7.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”

• Proposed as answer by arnavsharma Thursday, November 7, 2013 1:15 PM
    Thursday, November 7, 2013 12:03 PM
  • Thank you for you reply, but Kodak imaging is not sunken software!! if you don't have an answer so please don't write randomly Thank you again.

Regards

Thursday, November 7, 2013 2:06 PM
  • Hi,

The Kodak Imaging for Windows program and the related controls are not included with Microsoft Windows XP and higher.

Imaging for Windows XP Professional Edition and higher is now provided by Global 360.

For more information. Please see:

Kodak imaging for Windows is not included with Windows XP

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/308979

If you are using Windows 7 Professional, Windows 7 Ultimate and Windows 7 Enterprise, you may have a try to run this software in Windows XP Mode.

More information about Windows XP Mode, please see:

Windows XP Mode

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/products/features/windows-xp-mode

Hope this helps,

Ada Liu

• Marked as answer by Cloud_TS Monday, November 25, 2013 12:42 PM
    Saturday, November 9, 2013 3:03 PM
  • Thank you Ada,

Windows XP mode is a virtual machine that contain a window XP, what i need is to run Kodak imaging from windows 7 without using a virtual machine.

so we can say that windows 7 does not support Kodak imaging.

Thank you.

Regards

Wednesday, November 13, 2013 1:13 PM
  • We can say that Kodak apparently is not providing imaging software that is compatible with Windows 7.  Windows does not provide the software for any imaging hardware - that is the responsibility of the imaging hardware manufacturer.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”

Wednesday, November 13, 2013 7:29 PM
  • Although Kodak Imaging doesn't come installed with windows anymore you would need to check out the website that people have stated in order to get the software. With that said not sure if you were able to resolve this issue but if not this is a workaround. If installed on the 64bit environment copy the ocx files on both system32 and syswow64 folders in windows directory, register the ocx files in command prompt making sure you are running it as administrator, create a shortcut for the kodakimg.exe file from the system32 or syswow64 folder to the desktop, right click on the shortcut and run as administrator just the first time so it will allow it to register in the registry and use away. It worked for me when I used to use it. Hope this helps.
    • Edited by PaulD77 Friday, April 4, 2014 1:23 PM
    Friday, April 4, 2014 1:22 PM