none
Project Server 2010 , Project Center, Resource Center, My Work not loading RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

We have Project Server 2010 SP-2 env

Yesterday one of my Project Manager told me that he is not able to access any of the following page Project Center, Resource Center, My Work in our Quality env. Issue is it shows page is loading infinitely long and on botton it shows some script error mentioned below

Webpage error details
    User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/4.0; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; .NET4.0C; .NET4.0E)
    Timestamp: Tue, 21 Oct 2014 13:55:19 UTC

Line: 217
    Char: 4
    Code: 0
    URI: http://XXXXXXXXXXX/_layouts/inc/pwa/library/webmethodmanager.debug.js?rev=BtnvMSOtt14tg%2FnfhDTJpA%3D%3D

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also I have checked event logs in shows WebHost failed error with Event ID 3 , complete detail mentioned below.

Event Log Error

WebHost failed to process a request.
     Sender Information: System.ServiceModel.ServiceHostingEnvironment+HostingManager/45523402
     Exception: System.ServiceModel.ServiceActivationException: The service '/_vti_bin/PSI/ProjectServer.svc' cannot be activated due to an exception during compilation.  The exception message is: Could not load file or assembly 'FirePoint.SharePoint.RssViewerWebPart, Version=1.4.7.12, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=e891f27e2edd24d0' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.. ---> System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'FirePoint.SharePoint.RssViewerWebPart, Version=1.4.7.12, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=e891f27e2edd24d0' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
    File name: 'FirePoint.SharePoint.RssViewerWebPart, Version=1.4.7.12, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=e891f27e2edd24d0'
       at System.Reflection.Assembly._nLoad(AssemblyName fileName, String codeBase, Evidence assemblySecurity, Assembly locationHint, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection)
       at System.Reflection.Assembly.InternalLoad(AssemblyName assemblyRef, Evidence assemblySecurity, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean forIntrospection)
       at System.Reflection.Assembly.InternalLoad(String assemblyString, Evidence assemblySecurity, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean forIntrospection)
       at System.Reflection.Assembly.Load(String assemblyString)
       at System.ServiceModel.Activation.ServiceHostFactory.CreateServiceHost(String constructorString, Uri[] baseAddresses)
       at System.ServiceModel.ServiceHostingEnvironment.HostingManager.CreateService(String normalizedVirtualPath)
       at System.ServiceModel.ServiceHostingEnvironment.HostingManager.ActivateService(String normalizedVirtualPath)
       at System.ServiceModel.ServiceHostingEnvironment.HostingManager.EnsureServiceAvailable(String normalizedVirtualPath)

WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.
    To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.
    Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging.
    To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
       at System.ServiceModel.ServiceHostingEnvironment.HostingManager.EnsureServiceAvailable(String normalizedVirtualPath)
       at System.ServiceModel.ServiceHostingEnvironment.EnsureServiceAvailableFast(String relativeVirtualPath)
     Process Name: w3wp
     Process ID: 5052

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also I have checked Brian Smith blog to resolve WebHost error with Event ID 3, but that didn't help.

So kindly help me to get this issue resolve and do let me know in case need further details.

Thanks

• Edited by YLee_1980 Tuesday, October 21, 2014 2:00 PM
    Tuesday, October 21, 2014 2:00 PM

Answers

• Hi,

From error log it seems you have some custom or thrid party web part activated in your application and that web part is not able to load which might causing those pages to get corrupt.

As a fix can suggest you below to two thing to check

1) Remove that "FirePoint.SharePoint.RssViewerWebPart" from your environment and try to access those PWA pages again.

2) Even after removing above web-part solution does not fix this issue, as it is quality env can you try to disconnect and reconnect the share-point farm . Then try to access those pages again.

Share us the latest update and your finding on this issue.

Regards

Sachin Vashishth MCTS

• Marked as answer by YLee_1980 Friday, October 24, 2014 7:14 AM
    Wednesday, October 22, 2014 10:00 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Has the PM tried to access the project server environment using a different machine/browser? Any updates applied recently on the PMs machine?

On thing you can try is to "Restore the advance Settings" or "Reset Internet Explorer Settings" in Internet explorer and see if that would help

Hope this helps

Paul

Tuesday, October 21, 2014 2:18 PM
  • Thanks Paul for your prompt response.

Yes even I am also getting the same error on my machine including APP Server and Database Server I have tried to confirm whether it's browser specific problem or not. But same error I am getting in each and evry machine.

I have my server engg team for any recent update to app server, will update you after getting response.

I don't think "Restore the advance Settings" or "Reset Internet Explorer Settings" in Internet explorer and see if that would help" will help as it dows not seem to me a browser specific problem.

Thanks and correct me in case I am worong in my understanding

Tuesday, October 21, 2014 2:40 PM
  • Hi,

From error log it seems you have some custom or thrid party web part activated in your application and that web part is not able to load which might causing those pages to get corrupt.

As a fix can suggest you below to two thing to check

1) Remove that "FirePoint.SharePoint.RssViewerWebPart" from your environment and try to access those PWA pages again.

2) Even after removing above web-part solution does not fix this issue, as it is quality env can you try to disconnect and reconnect the share-point farm . Then try to access those pages again.

Share us the latest update and your finding on this issue.

Regards

Sachin Vashishth MCTS

• Marked as answer by YLee_1980 Friday, October 24, 2014 7:14 AM
    Wednesday, October 22, 2014 10:00 AM
  • Thanks Sachin !!!

As you suggested first I removed that third party web part from env and checked Project Center and resource Center page it didn't worked even after rebooting the servers.

Then I disconnected and reconnect the FARM and access Project Center and Resource Center page it worked like a charm.

Thanks again for your inputs

Friday, October 24, 2014 7:17 AM