none
IP binding in DHCP Server RRS feed

• Question

• I have set up active directory, DHCP server and DNS Server all the three instances in one m/c window 2012 server.

I want to deny users to choose IP manually. To do this. I set up DHCP servers. I made entry of each desk top in DHCP. This includes, creating scope of DHCP-defining range of IP in that scope, Made a reservation of each IP to a desktop/user. Corresponding to each IP defined a MAC address. I put MAC address in in allow filter.

Still I could not achieve the desired. Pl help

--ejaj

Monday, October 1, 2018 7:48 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Thanks for your question.

Would you like to deny or prevent user from changing computer’s IP setting? Please don’t hesitate to let me know if I misunderstood.

For this purpose, we can try the following methods,

1 Set GPO to domain computers for this implementation as below.

Under User Configuration > Administrative Templates > Network > Network Connections , you will find numerous settings to help you secure the LAN connections. Enable this policy Prohibit access to the Properties of a LAN connection. Then push the policy to apply to domain users you want restriction for IP changing.

Reference link:

How To Prevent Windows 7 Local Account Users From Changing Internet Settings

How to disable Tcp/Ip settings in windows 7 via GPO?

2 We could edit the registry to prevent users from modifying their IP setting.

Start regedt32 and navigate to the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters\Interfaces registry subkey

Details: Prevent Users from Modifying Their IP Addresses

Please Note: Since the web site is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Hope above information can help you. If you have any question or concern, please feel free to let me know.

Best regards,

Michael

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Tuesday, October 2, 2018 3:01 AM
  • Hi,

Just checking in to see if the information provided was helpful. Please let us know if you would like further assistance.

Best Regards,

Michael

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Wednesday, October 3, 2018 9:35 AM
  • Hi,

Could the above reply be of help? If yes, you may mark it as answer, if not, feel free to feed back.

Best Regards,

Michael

Friday, October 5, 2018 10:05 AM