none
SD Card wont read or show up on disk manager or show pop up when inserted

Question

• I inserted my external SD card and nothing happens, not even a pop up window saying its been inserted. I also installed the newest windows 10 driver. The SD card dosent even show up on the disk manager under the DVD/CD rom tab (where it should be).

Can anyone help please??

Wednesday, June 07, 2017 4:29 AM

All replies

• Hi,

1. Which is your Windows, 7 or 10?
       (You posted in Windows 7 forum, but you wrote the newest windows 10 driver...confusing)
    2. A SD card is usually seen in Disk Drive in Device Manager.
    3. Are you using some card reader via USB, and insert your SD card in the card reader?
        or Do you insert SD card directly into your computer?
    4. Can't you see the SD card in File Explorer?
    Wednesday, June 07, 2017 5:33 AM
  • Hi,

Is it available to read this SD card on other computer?

Are there any error codes recorded in the Event Viewer(Windows Logs\Applications, System)?

If the SD card work well on other device, please check if you could see it in File Explorer or Device Manager.

If you can't see it, make sure you have downloaded the Windows 10 compatibility version from manufacturer website. If not, perform the action again.

If you want it show up in Windows notification bar, please turn the connect on in Settings\Notification & actions\Add or remove quick actions.

Bests,

Joys.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, June 08, 2017 9:52 AM