none
Sending Groups Back to their originating OU RRS feed

• Question

• I am setting up to export group changes back to AD.

My question is: Without defining an OU in the sync rule will group updates automatically go to the originating OU?
    Since I have defined the containers to include in the ADMA I would assume this is kept somewhere in FIM or the MV.

Unfortunately, all instructions for setting up outbound group syncs point to the test FIMObjects OU and fail to answer this question.

Monday, October 27, 2014 4:02 PM

All replies

• Hi,

i think you should read the "Understanding Inbound and Outbound Synchronization" articles first to get some backgorund on that topic.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee534911%28WS.10%29.aspx

If objects have a connection from mv to the data source object (AD in this example) all data will flow from and to mv or the connected data source.

FIM maintains an attribute called anchor in the data source as a fixed relationship to the mv.

You only need to set the DN (not OU) attribute in sync rules to either rename the object or move it to another OU.

so in short, yes data will flow from FIM to AD on these groups, once there are connected.

Keep in mind that there are two methods of export data with sync rules in FIM portal.

1. Set/Workflow/MPR based (objects must be in the scope of syncrules, see EREs)

2. outbound sync based on outbound scope filter (no EREs)

Regards
    Peter

Peter Stapf - ExpertCircle GmbH - My blog: JustIDM.wordpress.com

Monday, October 27, 2014 4:20 PM