none
Issue while installing Ms Project Server 2013 on MS Server 2012 R2 with Sharepoint Server 2013 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello MS Support Team,

I installed SQL server 2012 & Sharepoint server 2013 and after that the MS project Server 2013 is not installing on the same server -- pls hv a look the enclosed screenshot. sent at connect@microsoft.com. and guide me to resolve it on priority.

A windows poped up - Installation Error - This Project requires MS Sharepont Enterprise edition... (Which is not available on the MSDN Server)..only standard edition available.

Please reply asap @ vbhardwaj@ra.rockwell.com - Call @ 0120471384

Kind Regards,
    Vinay Bhardwaj
    Network System Administrator - GREC (IN)
    Rockwell Automation | A-66, Sector 64 | Noida | India
    LISTEN. THINK. SOLVE
    IP : 71384 | E : vbhardwaj@ra.rockwell.com | W : www.rockwellautomation.com

Monday, March 24, 2014 12:07 PM

All replies

• Hi Vinay,

it's right, for Project Server 2013 you need definately a prior installed SharePoint Server 2013 Enterprise because Project Server uses all the BI Functionality of SharePoint Entreprise. In the MSDN there ar no seperate Bits to download. But you need a different Product Key. Therefore please go to the menu "Product Keys" and search for SharePoint Server 2013. You should find there a Product Key for "SharePoint Enterprise".

Best Regards

Bernhard Fischer

Bernhard Fischer [MVP] | www.wodey.de

Monday, March 24, 2014 2:10 PM
  • Sir, The sharepoint server is already installed with the standard key, how to change it with the enterprise key ??
    Tuesday, March 25, 2014 6:47 AM
  • Hi, a quick search shows that you can do this in the upgrade options.

I found this at http://macslui.blogspot.co.uk/2013/02/sharepoint-2010-convert-license-type.html 

Ben Howard [MVP] | web | blog | book

Tuesday, March 25, 2014 7:03 AM
  • Thankyou so much sir, I appreciate your quick support.. Can you pls share your email address ? Regards, Vinay
    Thursday, March 27, 2014 4:37 AM
  • No, but my contact details are on my web site.

Ben Howard [MVP] | web | blog | book

Thursday, March 27, 2014 9:04 AM
  • Hi Bernard,

So you mean that Project Server 2013 can't be installed on standard version of SharePoint Server 2013 at all? Because we purchase the standard license of SP and Project server and when I checked out software requerments the was clearly written "at least SP Server Standard"? And every guide on installation, that I checked out refer that Standard farm enough for Project Server. I'm afraid I would not be able to get Enterprise license key because I have only volume license not MSDN. Please share you experience. And  have you any ideas about what else can cause this error while attempt to install Project Server 2013. SharePoint Server 2013 already installed and server farm created but this error still appear. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Regards

• Edited by siriosus Thursday, May 1, 2014 7:57 PM
    Thursday, May 1, 2014 7:43 PM
  • Hi Siriosus,

Indeed you do need Sharepoint Server 2013 Enterprise for Project Server 2013.

See article below where it is mentionned:

Project Server 2013 requires the Enterprise edition of SharePoint Server 2013. Prior versions of SharePoint Server and SharePoint Foundation 2013 are not supported.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee662114(v=office.15).aspx

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MCP, MCTS |

Thursday, May 1, 2014 8:00 PM