WSUS Not synching with MS Update RRS feed

• Question

• I have a new WSUS 2016 server.  It is not synching with MS.  It last synched on 9/11, but the last three days it has failed, both auto and manual syncs.  Here's the error

InvalidOperationException: There is an error in XML document (1, 423176). ---> System.Net.WebException: The operation has timed out.
    at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer.Deserialize(XmlReader xmlReader, String encodingStyle, XmlDeserializationEvents events)
       at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean asyncCall)
       at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] parameters)
       at Microsoft.UpdateServices.ServerSyncWebServices.ServerSync.ServerSyncProxy.GetUpdateData(Cookie cookie, UpdateIdentity[] updateIds)
       at Microsoft.UpdateServices.ServerSync.CatalogSyncAgentCore.WebserviceGetUpdateData(UpdateIdentity[] updateIds, List`1 allMetadata, List`1 allFileUrls, List`1& updatesWithSecureFileData, Boolean isForConfig)
       at Microsoft.UpdateServices.ServerSync.CatalogSyncAgentCore.GetUpdateDataInChunksAndImport(List`1 neededUpdates, List`1 allMetadata, List`1 allFileUrls, Boolean isConfigData)
       at Microsoft.UpdateServices.ServerSync.CatalogSyncAgentCore.GetAnd

I am in Togo, West Africa, and do have a slow internet, but that's why I want to eun WSUS for my 40 hospital Win10 PCs.

Any way to make WSUS synch regularly?

Thanks

Friday, September 14, 2018 8:57 AM

All replies

• There were issues with the Office 2016 product group syncing. Microsoft has fixed it but you'll need to uncheck Office 2016 in the products list, sync, go back to the products list and check Office 2016, and then sync and it should work again.

Adam Marshall, MCSE: Security
    https://www.ajtek.ca
    Microsoft MVP - Windows and Devices for IT

Saturday, September 15, 2018 1:36 PM
  • Hi,

As far as I know, it is not only you who have encountered this issue. As Adam said that the packages released in the 9/5 of the Office 2016 category have caused this problem. And Microsoft has fixed this issue. You should re-check the product and synchronize again. 

If still some specify update cannot sync, you can manually import the updates:
    1. Click "Import updates " in WSUS console
    2. In the address bar, change "1.20" to "1.80"
    3. Search for KB4346087, add it to basket, and click "import " in basket.
    4. When the importing is done, we could see the update in the WSUS console.

It's actually a known issue on server 2016: 
    https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Windows-10-servicing/Known-issue-with-importing-updates-from-the-Microsoft-Update/td-p/163830

Best regards,
    Johnson
    =====================
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.
    Monday, September 17, 2018 8:00 AM