After creating a public folder store in exchange 2010 I got Dr watson error bij get-publicfolder RRS feed

• Question

• I have one Exchange 2007 server with a public folder database store. The public folders are working fine on that server.
    Now I have added an Exchange 2010 server with mailbox role. I added one mailbox and the mailflow is working between 2010 en 2k7.
    Then in create a new public folder datastore on the 2010. When I go to public folder management console in the tools an I click on the default public folders I got the error : Unexpected error (0x79A0AAF3) while executing command 'get-publicfolder -getchildren ....'

I used the get-publicfolder command in the powershell and I got following error : 'An unexpected error has occurred and a Watson dump is being generated: Object reference not set to an instance of an object'

Id I use ExFolders to browse true the public folders on the exch2010, then I can see all folders and if I initiate replacation of a folder it workt.
    Still there are folders that won't replicate. I think this must be related to the problem above.

Has somenone a clue why I can't manage the public folders on the exch2010 ?

• Moved by Ben-Shun Zhu Tuesday, May 25, 2010 8:17 AM cross posting (From:UC Integration)
    Tuesday, May 25, 2010 7:51 AM

All replies

• Can you Run Get-PublicFolderDatabase | FT Name,Server -Autosize -Wrap on your Exchange 2010 Server and check if there is any stale entry of a Public Folder Database?

- Access the properties of "Public Folder Database" object on the adsiedit and check what is there for msexchOwningPFTree -> This should be the Distinguished Name of your "CN=Folder Hierarchies,CN=Public Folders" Object

- Under the Exchange administrative group on the adsiedit, you will have CN=Folder Hierarchies within which you will have CN=Public Folders. Access the properties of "CN=Public Folders" and click on Filter and select "BackLinks" and locate the attribute msExchOwningPFTreeBL and see what you have in that!

I also doubt about this being an issue with "Folder Hierarchies". in case if you don't use Outlook 2003 Clients then, you may consider recreating Public Folder Hierarchies.

M.P.K ~ ( Exchange | 2003/2007/2010/E15(2013)) ~~ Please remember to click “Vote As Helpful" if it really helps and "Mark as Answer” if it answers your question, “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. ~~ This Information is provided is "AS IS" and confers NO Rights!!

Sunday, December 23, 2012 4:07 AM