CAN NOT INSTALL FIX IT ON MY COMPUTER OR FIX WINDOWS RRS feed

• Question

• Fix It will not install on my computer, running Windows XP Home Sp3. Why do i keep getting error messages: (Fatal error during installation)everytime I try to install Fix It. Another problem my computer purchased from QVC is a Dell 4700 and came with pre-installed Windows XP Home how do I get a copy if i have to re-install the windows program.
    • Moved by Ken Warren Wednesday, May 16, 2012 11:40 PM off topic for Windows Home Server forums (From:Windows Home Server Software)
    Wednesday, May 16, 2012 9:20 PM

All replies

• Preinstalled Windows are OEM. This means that it is the responsibility of hardware vendor to provide functional copy preinstalled, but it is on the vendor itself if the recovery or full OEM CD/DVD is included in package. Address your question to reseller and/or Dell support services. Chances are, that you can get full copy of Windows and applications for some bucks.

When ever you have problem with update, inspect log file first and reveal here your findings. I mean Event log and WindowsUpdate log. If you would like to show full log, prefere a cloud repository SkyDrive or similar and refer to it here.

Regards

Milos

Thursday, May 17, 2012 7:15 AM