Grand Totals and Standard Client RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hi,

We have a server with ProClarity Analytics Server 6.3 (with hotfix 6.3.2214). A user created a view that uses the grand totals feature. She opted to have grand totals display at the top of the page. The view works fine in Web Professional however in web standard the view will not display. The error message is:

The website cannot display the page
     HTTP 500 
       Most likely causes:
    The website is under maintenance.
    The website has a programming error.

What you can try:
         Refresh the page.

Go back to the previous page.

More information

This error (HTTP 500 Internal Server Error) means that the website you are visiting had a server problem which prevented the webpage from displaying.

For more information about HTTP errors, see Help.

I experimented a little and found that the view will work with Web Standard but ONLY of I change the grand totals to display at the BOTTOM. Has anyone encountered this behavior? Is there another hotfix that addresses this?

Thanks

Monday, June 9, 2008 2:21 PM

All replies

• I have encountered this with ProClarity 6.2.2210.124 with a view saved in "My Views".   When I put grand totals at the top of a standard view I get the message:

There was an error rendering the plugin view.
       From the Admin Tool, check the error log to find the exact cause.
       You can go back and try again, or
       Switch to grid view

It then disables the ability to access "My Views" from Standard until I clear the cache in the admin tool

Sylvia Mc.

Tuesday, June 10, 2008 3:15 PM
  • Hello,

Does this error occur for every view with Grand Totals on the top?  Also, can you try clearing the cache in the PAS Admin Tool and see if this solves the error? 

Can you check the ProClarity Event Viewer log to see if there is an error that occurs at the time of this HTTP 500 error the user sees?

-Joey

Tuesday, June 10, 2008 3:38 PM
  •  

I experimented by using the standard client to add subtotals and then add move them to the bottom. So far PAS does not exhibit the behavior on any other view I have tried. I will try publishing a few more with Web Pro and testing those.

Clearing the cache did not have any effect.

Interestingly when PAS can't load that view I can't navigate with the breadcrumb trail - I have to use the back button of the browser first.

This was in the Application event log (the ProClarity event log says the view was successful):

------

Event Type: Error
    Event Source: Active Server Pages
    Event Category: None
    Event ID: 5
    Date:  6/10/2008
    Time:  2:38:15 PM
    User:  N/A
    Computer: PROCLARITY
    Description:
    Error: File /pas/en/src/PPageFrame.asp  Unexpected error. A trappable error (C0000005) occurred in an external object. The script cannot continue running..

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

------

Event Type: Success Audit
    Event Source: ProClarity Server
    Event Category: None
    Event ID: 320
    Date:  6/10/2008
    Time:  2:38:13 PM
    User:  UOI\harrist1
    Computer: PROCLARITY
    Description:
    Page Accessed: Caption=TY LY report ttl top, ID={E5F7B666-E1C8-4CAD-A21A-432DD1AB3417}, BookID={A2DC1DA8-4C56-4379-81EE-97957B6B93D3}.

Tuesday, June 10, 2008 6:46 PM