none
After deploying W7 SP1 x64 on Dell E5540 the drivers are not present at the first reboot. Error "a connection to the deploymentshare could not be made" RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'm trying to deploy a fresh Windows 7 SP1 Enterprise x64 version to a brand new Dell E5540. On the Dell-site I downloaded the cab-file containing the drivers for this laptop and I uploaded them to the Out-Of-Box Drivers folder. The task sequence I use is the default standard deploy ts without any changes. I've recreated the boot image and uploaded it to the WDS. The pc boots, finds the WinPE, Windows 7 gets deployed succesfully and the pc reboots to continue the deployment. But it gives the error "a connection to the deploymentshare could not be made". When I look in the Device Manager I have the impression that some drivers have been installed but not all of them. Video, wireless, ethernet, bluetooth and some others have not been installed. And without working network card it's difficult to find the network of course.

What could have gone wrong here?

Cheers,

Paul

Thursday, January 22, 2015 12:12 PM

Answers

• Found it. The solution was easy enough but it took me a day to find it. The DriverGroup had a typo. Damn.
    • Marked as answer by KZen Muug Thursday, January 22, 2015 2:47 PM
    Thursday, January 22, 2015 2:47 PM
  • Paul,

First of all please check your inject drivers step, and the selection profile selected there. It should point to "all drivers", or to a selection profile you have created dedicated for the Dell E5540. Next check the inject drivers step has no conditions which prevent it from executing.

Next it may occur that even drivers in a driver pack are not sanctifying. Sometimes you need to dig in and retrieve the correct driver. To do this most efficiently, retrieve the HardwareID of the device you experience is not installed. In this particular your network card. The ID looks something like this:

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1503&SUBSYS_1619103C&REV_04

Now go to pcidatabase.com and enter the number after VEN_ and DEV_ in the search boxes on top of the website, and it should reveal which particular driver you need.

This has always helped me find drivers asap without losing to much time..

Cheers! Rens

If this post is helpful please click "Mark for answer", thanks! Kind regards

• Marked as answer by KZen Muug Friday, January 23, 2015 8:33 AM
    Thursday, January 22, 2015 2:51 PM

All replies

• Found it. The solution was easy enough but it took me a day to find it. The DriverGroup had a typo. Damn.
    • Marked as answer by KZen Muug Thursday, January 22, 2015 2:47 PM
    Thursday, January 22, 2015 2:47 PM
  • Paul,

First of all please check your inject drivers step, and the selection profile selected there. It should point to "all drivers", or to a selection profile you have created dedicated for the Dell E5540. Next check the inject drivers step has no conditions which prevent it from executing.

Next it may occur that even drivers in a driver pack are not sanctifying. Sometimes you need to dig in and retrieve the correct driver. To do this most efficiently, retrieve the HardwareID of the device you experience is not installed. In this particular your network card. The ID looks something like this:

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1503&SUBSYS_1619103C&REV_04

Now go to pcidatabase.com and enter the number after VEN_ and DEV_ in the search boxes on top of the website, and it should reveal which particular driver you need.

This has always helped me find drivers asap without losing to much time..

Cheers! Rens

• Marked as answer by KZen Muug Friday, January 23, 2015 8:33 AM
    Thursday, January 22, 2015 2:51 PM
  • Hi Rens, seemed I replied myself while you were typing your answer. :-) But I'll mark your reply as a usefull answer anyway because it will be very helpfull for others. 

By the way : I knew the drivers had to be correct because when I opened the Device Manager on the pc and I did "update drivers software" and I gave the path to the usb-stick containing those drivers, every driver got installed without any problem.

Thanks, and see you in the next question.
    Paul

Friday, January 23, 2015 8:30 AM
  • Typo's they are the worst :)

Thanks for getting back to me. Cheers!

Friday, January 23, 2015 9:03 AM