Cumulative Update 3 for SCCM 2012 SP1 RRS feed

• Question

• I need to apply CU3 for support of EP on Server 2012 R2 and W8.1.

I've read this technet article http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj553405.aspx and I thnk I know what I'm doing but I just want to make doubly sure.

I have a single Site and a single Site Server with a remote SQL server and 7 DP hosted on Server 2008 R2. From the below text taken from that article am I correct to assume that all I really have to do is run the CU3 executable from my single Site Server and the Site Server, database and DPs will all be updated where necessary?

Also is there update to the client/agent with CU3 and if so is that update pushed out by default.

"
    Update a Site
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    To update a Configuration Manager site, you can install the update bundle directly on the site server, or you can deploy the updates to a site server after you install the update bundle on a different site.

When you install an update on a site server, the update installation process manages additional actions that are required to apply the update, such as updating site system roles. The exception to this is the site database. The following section contains information about how to update the site database.

Update a Site Database
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    To update the site database, the installation process runs a file named update.sql on the site database. You can configure the update process to automatically update the site database, or you can manually update the site database later.

Automatic Update of the Site Database

When you install the update bundle on a site server, you can choose to automatically update the site database when the server update is installed. This decision applies only to the site server where you install the update bundle and does not apply to deployments that are created to install the updates on remote site servers.

Note
    When you choose to automatically update the site database, the process updates a database regardless whether the database is located on the site server or on a remote computer.
     "

Hibs Ya Bass!

Friday, December 20, 2013 2:42 AM

Answers