PAS SQL login password changed and ProClarity Web is not working RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

The PAS SQL Login credentials has been changed, due to which now, the ProClarity is not opening. On checking the event viewer logs in the PAS server, I am getting the following error message:

Database Open Failed: Login failed for user 'PAS'..

Further I am also not able to log in to the ProClarity Analytics Administrator tool as well. It looks like the PAS sql login password is being checked when opening ProClarity, so is there a way to synch or change the password in ProClarity (in the file system) to the new password changed in the SQL end. Please let me know how this issue can solved.

Regards,

Vikash

Thursday, June 23, 2011 4:44 PM

All replies

•  

Hi Vikas,

Once the PAS server is registered in the Admin tool, you can change the connection information by right-clicking on the server and clicking on the Properties menu. If you lost the PAS user in your SQL instance, you can manually add the user back, assuming you remember the original password.. If you don't remember the password, you have two options, you can re-install PAS or you can update the IIS Metabase. PAS stores its settings in the IIS Metabase (think of the Windows registry but for IIS apps). You can open up the Metabase using a Metabase viewer.

Hope This helps

Cheers, Ashish
    Thursday, June 23, 2011 4:50 PM
  • Thanks Ashish. I was able to retrieve the password from the IIS metabase and got ProClarity working. However now for some reason I am still not able to open the
    Thursday, June 23, 2011 5:41 PM
  • Thanks Ashish. I was able to retrieve the password from the IIS metabase and got ProClarity working. However now for some reason I am still not able to open the Administrator tool using the same Username and password. Do you know what could be causing this?
    Regards,
    Vikash

Thursday, June 23, 2011 5:42 PM